Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roll call for blackburn rovers on saturday

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Annual trip to grim Northern town with the lads to watch the Albion in an executive box. Last year we did Barnsley (0-0), so expecting more of the same.

As an aside, if there's anyone driving who wants a free parking space at the ground (we get a few free and none of us are driving), PM me. I live in Hove, so if you can pick up you can have one.

Blackburn is pretty grim.... It makes Port Vale look delightful

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Blackburn is pretty grim.... It makes Port Vale look delightful

Excellent, grim northern town is our main requirement. It will go on the list along with Port Vale, Barnsley, Rotherham and Grimsby.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Anyone have info on whether pay on the gate, I assume it will be. Last minute chance to go.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
You'll know you're in Blackburn when all the locals have got more fingers than teeth.

For a pub, the Golden Cup is alright.......from the ground walk 10 minutes along the main road towards Darwen & it's the first pub you come to.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I’ll be there…doubtless, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the very people who, on another thread, hurled abuse at me for daring to hold opinions different from theirs.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Did you come in 91/92 ? I can't remember. We went to the East Lancs beer festival, in Darwen or somewhere.

It was my worst ever away trip. I became quite ill and had to endure a heavily delayed return journey in which one of our fans decided to go a bit loopy and smash up a table on the train, subsequently being arrested at Euston. I went to a quiet carriage to suffer in silence.

We were put in a taxi back from London and arrived in the pouring rain at Brighton around three in the morning.

The score was an inevitable 1-0 to Rovers.

This weekend is the Six Nations finale, so I'm staying home.

That was the last time I went to Blackburn. We stayed in Blackpool on the Friday night. Train back to London arrived at 23:52 and my notes show the free Inter City taxi got me back to Seven Dials at 02:15.

5 children & a grand daughter later i will return tomorrow with 3 generations of Train Spotters.
2 buses & 4 trains to get there, then same again home!

Nearly got there 2 years ago, as far as Preston, before finding out game off!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
After seeing the last six away and just one goal from a penalty I've decided I can't be arsed with forking out yet another fortune to go and watch a team set out by a manager who says he wants to win but only plays for a draw.

Too disappointed.

Might do one more away this season but that's it. Hope for better things next season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just left Euston

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
sorry but after tuesday's horror show thats it for me on the away games front until we start playing football again and CH starts picking a team that can play football.

I can't say I would in any way be arsed to go even if family and work commitments let me which they won't. Forking out a large amount for a likely defeat or 0-0 draw isn't something I'd expect many to do (though when I used to go away regularly it was all about the day out and football was just a minor distraction). However.....

CH is picking pragmatic teams to get some kind of result to stay up, because he has to. Look at what he has to pick from today. Best (not great himself) out because he's their player and Baldock injured leaves us a choice of CM "puppy chasing a balloon" S or COG up front, supported by either Stephens out of position, Lua Lua (who I'd play) or the absolutely dreadful Ledesma who is all we could get to cover the injured March. This is a side that more or less picks itself, and given our absolutely shithouse summer recruiting and the fact we were in the relegation zone at the start of the Jan window, it's all he can work with.

Where would you rather be, where we were after Millwall at home or eight points and three places above relegation with eight to play?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I can't say I would in any way be arsed to go even if family and work commitments let me which they won't. Forking out a large amount for a likely defeat or 0-0 draw isn't something I'd expect many to do (though when I used to go away regularly it was all about the day out and football was just a minor distraction). However.....

CH is picking pragmatic teams to get some kind of result to stay up, because he has to. Look at what he has to pick from today. Best (not great himself) out because he's their player and Baldock injured leaves us a choice of CM "puppy chasing a balloon" S or COG up front, supported by either Stephens out of position, Lua Lua (who I'd play) or the absolutely dreadful Ledesma who is all we could get to cover the injured March. This is a side that more or less picks itself, and given our absolutely shithouse summer recruiting and the fact we were in the relegation zone at the start of the Jan window, it's all he can work with.

Where would you rather be, where we were after Millwall at home or eight points and three places above relegation with eight to play?

sorry but starting the millwall game with best and cms (after his woeful display against wolves) was just inexplicable whilst COG and Tex were left on the bench. only when they came on with 10 mins to go (yes just 10 mins) did we start to offer any threat up front. you can go on about pragmatism and limited choice as much as you like, but when you are leaving your two best front players (I know that isn't saying much!) on the bench on a regular basis, then i have no sympathy.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well that turned out quite well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here