Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever owned the car of your dreams?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Oh yes, what a Christmas morning that was.

Screen shot 2015-02-05 at 10.32.39.png

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
..... NO..... because a 1968 GT500KR Mustang, runs at about £50k................ out of my price range for the moment.

View attachment 62799

Oh we have similar good taste, again no chance unless I win the lottery or the wife dies and I blow the insurance.

Attachments

• 24-shelby-mustang-salem-green.jpg
    24-shelby-mustang-salem-green.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 279

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Oh we have similar good taste, again no chance unless I win the lottery or the wife dies and I blow the insurance.
Its all good of course, but my leanings are for the 500,.... I love the more sculptured street look,......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think my post is quite different to Stat Brothers. I merely stated a personal preference and a single observation about other motorists. This is all. You seem to have jumped to a conclusion I'm anti-car. I don't like driving and I tend to avoid things I don't like. This is all. You, on the other hand, seem to be quite twitchy and defensive about cars, why is this?
It is odd, [MENTION=6741]jakarta[/MENTION] seems to have me down as anti car as well.
Which I'm not, well not in the purposes of this thread anyway.

The best car I ever owned was a Toyota MR2 (honest I'm not anti-car), not my dream car but when compared to my 'history' it certainly stands out.
I had it for a few years 15 or so years ago.
The problem was, even back then, it wasn't being 'driven'.
I would just be sat looking at the car in front.

With the massive increase of other road users, the condition of the roads, and the cost of the upkeep, I was just wondering how much actual fun was involved in owning a Porsche 911 twin turbo thrillbeast.
Or are they becoming like expensive versions of those 'still boxed' toy collectors.

Oh I exempt campervans from this, as anyone wanting to go to Cornwall between May and October will need somewhere to stay overnight. So that makes perfect sense.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is there any fun in driving these machines?

There is, yes. Now no-one ever DREAMED of owning a car like the one I drive. It's just not the stuff of dreams.

It is, however, beautifully engineered to the smallest detail.

Of course we all hate busy traffic, etc, but at least I suffer that traffic in comfort - heated leather seat, brilliant stereo / navigation system, etc, etc. And when traffic and conditions do allow, it's pretty good fun to throw around a bit, too. I love my car. It's my oasis of personal space.

image.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is, yes. Now no-one ever DREAMED of owning a car like the one I drive. It's just not the stuff of dreams.

Of course we all hate busy traffic, etc, but at least I suffer that traffic in comfort - heated leather seat, brilliant stereo / navigation system, etc, etc. And when traffic and conditions do allow, it's pretty good fun to throw around a bit, too. I love my car. It's my oasis of personal space.

View attachment 62801
Bloody good grip to, what with being able to hang upside down.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

View attachment 62801

Is that the car from Men In Black ???

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It is odd, [MENTION=6741]jakarta[/MENTION] seems to have me down as anti car as well.
Which I'm not, well not in the purposes of this thread anyway.

The best car I ever owned was a Toyota MR2 (honest I'm not anti-car), not my dream car but when compared to my 'history' it certainly stands out.
I had it for a few years 15 or so years ago.
The problem was, even back then, it wasn't being 'driven'.
I would just be sat looking at the car in front.

With the massive increase of other road users, the condition of the roads, and the cost of the upkeep, I was just wondering how much actual fun was involved in owning a Porsche 911 twin turbo thrillbeast.
Or are they becoming like expensive versions of those 'still boxed' toy collectors.

Oh I exempt campervans from this, as anyone wanting to go to Cornwall between May and October will need somewhere to stay overnight. So that makes perfect sense.

I'll post my full take on this later today.

Sadly I now have to get into my car and drive 180 miles to a Clients site. :wave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll post my full take on this later today.

Sadly I now have to get into my car and drive 180 miles to a Clients site. :wave:
I feel for you, even more so if it was 8am or 4pm, honesty I do.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
72 , opel manta , for a short period of time , written off by a number 2a southdown bus down queensway :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think I might have figured out why you're so grumpy. Take the train, it's less strain :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I might have figured out why you're so grumpy. Take the train, it's less strain :lolol:
Have you not read the commuter threads :ohmy:

The sooner we can all have jetpack helicopters the happier we'll all be.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I did own an old shaped BMW 318 lux sometime ago. Not that quick, but the rear wheel drive was very good. It looked good too.

Could fancy something "exciting" like a Porsche 944, or a 2 seater. But my driving is mainly motorway and I couldn't justify having 2 cars at the moment.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London

View attachment 62801

Was that taken before you had it shipped from Oz?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

View attachment 62801

I considered one of those, but at the time was told it was strictly a 4 seater, so went for an A6 instead. I hear they now offer a 5 seat option. I agree with the other points though, a pleasure to drive, you can wang it about a bit, but the delight is in making a long journey, swiftly, in great comfort, and arriving feeling like you've just popped out to the shops.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I considered one of those, but at the time was told it was strictly a 4 seater, so went for an A6 instead. I hear they now offer a 5 seat option. I agree with the other points though, a pleasure to drive, you can wang it about a bit, but the delight is in making a long journey, swiftly, in great comfort, and arriving feeling like you've just popped out to the shops.

I've had 3 adults sat in the back, and it's fine for modest journeys, but yes, the rear leather seats are really designed for two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here