Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennets Field-The Glory Years

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It probably helped that there were half as many people using it as there normally is

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It probably helped that there were half as many people using it as there normally is

Partly this and they also had someone manually operating the traffic lights at the end of Village Way which as a lot of us have said makes a huge difference. If they stop doing this in future it will be back as bad as it used to be, but for now a definite improvement.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Meanwhile at Mill Road p&r...left north Stand after clapping players off and didn't get onto a27 until 18.05!! (Long wait for buses and then takes ages to move up mill road due to constant flow of traffic at speed off a27 onto roundabouts at the too)

Past Reading coaches, including players, at jct 10 at 18.50 - why should they get priority? Only do journey once a season ;)

Left South Stand well in to time added on and very shortly before the final whistle, on to a bus and bus getting out fairly swiftly. back at car by about 5.20 and on to the A27 probably by 5.30 - partly due to having been in Zone F - therefore towards the top of Mill Road. Absolutely no complaints.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Meanwhile at Mill Road p&r...left north Stand after clapping players off and didn't get onto a27 until 18.05!! (Long wait for buses and then takes ages to move up mill road due to constant flow of traffic at speed off a27 onto roundabouts at the too)

Past Reading coaches, including players, at jct 10 at 18.50 - why should they get priority? Only do journey once a season ;)

That is really odd, as I clapped players off in WSU, walked round to Dicks for one, then got to Mill Road P&R queue at c5.40, had to queue for a few minutes before getting on bus, but was also on A27 by 18.05!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
According to the correspondence I had earlier in the season the stewards were told not to steward BF due to appalling behaviour by some of the drivers in there.

They were removed, but have now been put back as cars are being held in so it isnt particularly dangerous anymore. Most of the stewards in BF looked like the "no-nonsense" type too.

Still saw moaning on Twitter though, but what do people expect when your leaving a 30,000 seater stadium ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
All that was ever needed was the mass of stewards there before the game to still be there (and working!!) after the game. All the rest of Barber's rant was bullshit to cover rhe dubious competence (IMO) of the Transporf Manager.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Back in Eastbourne 24 minutes before final whistle? Either you left very early (did you see the comedy own goal?), or, more impressively, the club have introduced time travel as part of the shake up. The latter would explain why I saw more blue police telephone boxes on the footbridge over the railway than I recall being there previously.

:thumbsup:

Time Travel is restricted to 1901 members only, although there are plans to expand this next season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All that was ever needed was the mass of stewards there before the game to still be there (and working!!) after the game. All the rest of Barber's rant was bullshit to cover rhe dubious competence (IMO) of the Transporf Manager.

I have to say, I agree re the transport manager, I cannot beleive he has ever held a post before where transport was involved, the clubs approach to transport management around all the roads and car parks is totally laughable. Again, backed up by the fact when the police did it, it worked, because they knew what they were doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here