Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You are revolting, tarring many people with the 'Racist' brush. Most leavers want CONTROLLED immigration we are NOT racists. Bugger your assumed statistics. Horrible man.

I am not placing you in the racists number, you I place in the thickos. You have failed to understand the difference between most, and enough. Enough people voted leave due to racist views to swing it, of course, they would not have had a casting vote, if there were not also a huge number of idiots.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I could only estimate, you say a tiny amount of no signifigance, I say more than enough to have swung the vote.

That's a specious argument. The percentage of Cornish fishermen and their families and supporters who vote to leave based solely on the affect the EU has had on fishing in the UK may only have been a very small number but could also have swung the vote. Likewise there were lots of other reasons why people voted to leave, each being small in number but percentage-wise could have tipped the balance. It's therefore a fallacy to say that it's significant if it's one of a lot of factors that in total formed the majority decision.

On the subject of people voting Remain for racist reasons, I suspect, especially in Scotland, that a large number of Scottish people who voted Remain did so because the SNP successfully turned it into one of their weapons with which to whip up more of their anti-English, dog-whistle racism.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
'More than one' is considerably less than 600,000.

Got a link for that?

That particular piece of scum was born here.

Yeah, more than one person in the less than fifty leavers I have spoken to, 4 in fact. If this is a fair representation of all leavers, it would equate to 8%, or around 1.3 million.

Not going to search it out, and provide a link, but if you recall, you called me out on this before, and almost as soon as you had, Alfred Mizen and PPF posted, indicating that Islamic immigration was a major factor for them.

I know that piece of scum was born here, but it did not stop Farage claiming the attack was a symptom of immigration, as did some NSC'ers on a thread on this forum.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That's a specious argument. The percentage of Cornish fishermen and their families and supporters who vote to leave based solely on the affect the EU has had on fishing in the UK may only have been a very small number but could also have swung the vote. Likewise there were lots of other reasons why people voted to leave, each being small in number but percentage-wise could have tipped the balance. It's therefore a fallacy to say that it's significant if it's one of a lot of factors that in total formed the majority decision.

On the subject of people voting Remain for racist reasons, I suspect, especially in Scotland, that a large number of Scottish people who voted Remain did so because the SNP successfully turned it into one of their weapons with which to whip up more of their anti-English, dog-whistle racism.

You are correct, the racists couldn't do it alone, they needed a large number of gullible idiots too.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I am not sure I understand how vote remain in the EU was in any way an anti English vote, or that I have ever heard an example of anti English dog whistle racism?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I am not sure I understand how vote remain in the EU was in any way an anti English vote, or that I have ever heard an example of anti English dog whistle racism?

Excuse me? You've never heard of Scots being driven by anti-English sentiment? Racist attitudes towards the English has long been documented. Just go to JK Rowling's twitter timeline on any given day to see it in action and that's not even the dog-whistle kind. The bigotry she faces is particularly spiteful and nasty.

But specifically with this and the SNP, their big campaigning point (I think it might have been their only point) about Brexit was that it was an English thing and with all that implies therefore Scotland didn't want it and people who did vote Brexit were siding with the English. They've been playing the subliminal racist card for years, it's been their most successful recruitment driver.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ecstatic to be coming out at long last.:clap::banana::O
Will the remoaners give their big mouth's a rest for once. all this constant whining is becoming a bit cringeworthy now.
Zip your mouth's up and accept democracy otherwise F off to a place better suited where democracy doesn't exist. i.e. the EU. .

Yep, shutting up and accepting what is happening to you is the definition of democracy. Luckily those responsible for the leave campaign didn't take your advice otherwise there would have been no vote and no Brexit.

Frankly I am surprised and disappointed that you are spouting a 'shut up and accept your fate' argument. it is in stark contrast to the tone of most of your posts.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Excuse me? You've never heard of Scots being driven by anti-English sentiment? Racist attitudes towards the English has long been documented. Just go to JK Rowling's twitter timeline on any given day to see it in action and that's not even the dog-whistle kind. The bigotry she faces is particularly spiteful and nasty.

But specifically with this and the SNP, their big campaigning point (I think it might have been their only point) about Brexit was that it was an English thing and with all that implies therefore Scotland didn't want it and people who did vote Brexit were siding with the English. They've been playing the subliminal racist card for years, it's been their most successful recruitment driver.

I have heard of some Scots being anti English, I was looking for a SNP Dog-whistle racism example. I have never felt that the SNP has said anything anti English, only anti Westminster, but maybe that is the Dog whistle effect, I am not supposed to hear it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was not entirely joking.

Yeah clearly. I've lost count of the number of times Remainers on this thread when challenged have sworn blind that they don't blame Brexit on "morons and racists" but then, like you have here, can't help but chuck those insults out a few posts later.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You are correct, the racists couldn't do it alone, they needed a large number of gullible idiots too.

You really should move on. Life's too short. It's done and dusted :thumbsup:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeah clearly. I've lost count of the number of times Remainers on this thread when challenged have sworn blind that they don't blame Brexit on "morons and racists" but then, like you have here, can't help but chuck those insults out a few posts later.

Was the £350 million a week saving, to be spent on the NHS campaign, designed to sway the minds of intelligent people?
Was Farages "Breaking Point" poster designed to sway the minds of liberal multiculturists?
The leave campaign went after the racists and the idiots and they got them.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Was the £350 million a week saving, to be spent on the NHS campaign, designed to sway the minds of intelligent people?
Was Farages "Breaking Point" poster designed to sway the minds of liberal multiculturists?
The leave campaign went after the racists and the idiots and they got them.

Thinking that the current population growth in this country is neither sustainable nor a good thing for an already straining infrastructure and being a liberal multiculturalist are not mutually exclusive. Remainers in general and you in particular do love popping people into little cliched boxes.

D

Deleted member 22389

No reports of muslims being told, youre leaving now .. absolutely no racism involved, it was only controlled immigration.. of course.

Why is your country unhappy about migrant quotas set by the EU? This was taken from 2016. I'm just saying that's all. Lots of countries feel the same about things, they are worried about the cultural change religion brings. Always the UK are the bad guys.

Czech society is polarised by attitudes to refugees but the situation is absurd given that only 1,156 have applied for asylum in a country of some ten million people. Calm and objective discussion is in short supply as xenophobia and hysteria drive the debate.

https://www.boell.de/en/2016/05/24/refugees-czech-republic-not-trace-still-problem

Last edited by a moderator:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Thinking that the current population growth in this country is neither sustainable nor a good thing for an already straining infrastructure and being a liberal multiculturalist are not mutually exclusive. Remainers in general and you in particular do love popping people into little cliched boxes.

The Breaking point poster depicted Syrian refugees, the EU does not decide asylum applications in the UK, and we will continue to accept refugees after Brexit in the same way as we do now. A poster depicting white Polish catholics would perhaps have been relevant to strains on infrastructure, so why choose the lines of Syrian muslim refugees instead?

Pastafarian claimed the racist element was insignificant, I said it wasn't and gave a demonstration of the numbers required to vote leave, rather than remain, to swing the vote. You then say my argument was specious, as any other group casting their vote for other reasons could be seen as the group that swung it.
I should have responded to you less flippantly, and explained how my argument was valid as it was a demonstration of the significance of a relatively small group on the overall total, in a narrow majority, in this case racists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here