Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The big match thread: Huddersfield vs Newcastle

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Huddersfield put a lot into tonight, for 0 points, just like us. Villa is not a banker for them

No it isn't but although they'll be gutted at losing I'll be surprised if they come back with a performance like we did today. I really want two wins from our next two but you know somehow I could see us easily only picking up 1 or 2 points.
Mind you my head is spinning with it all know. What a time to give up drink and drugs.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Phew. Get out of jail card for us.

All season, despite blips, I've genuinely thought that Newcastle would go up as champs.

But the surge of Leeds and Huddersfield, with our dip, has made the chase for second nightmarish.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I 've a feeling of relief ( no don't go there) after that result but also I'm annoyed that we didn't take advantage earlier again Forest and all their problems. So I don't feel it's been a good day really.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Couldn't have been more conveniently timed. Hopefully Hughton is going to give a stern talking to the team about that, they could've been in huge trouble if Huddersfield got the up on Newcastle. Though dropping a potentially crucial nine point gap in a fixture like forest is very frustrating.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
well im still in the optimistic camp. Played and Lost... but still 6 points clear. yes not a good result at Forest but at 1-0 down we were trying to get a result so lost 3-0 we could have sat back and taken a 1-0... still lost 3 points. our goal difference is so much healthier the extra 2 goals make no odds. 2nd is ok. At the start of the season we would have taken 2nd spot its just we have been so bloody good that Newcastle are only now able to get a bit of breathing space...and if not hey we will still support them .. SEAGULLLLLLLS

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So much possession by Huddersfield but didn't even look like scoring....really weird game and that was never a penalty for Huddersfield.
Superb energy and possession but little punch where it matters :)

Jan 22, 2017
What a great week we have had after the poor first half against Bristol City. Just hope we don't get complacent as we did over Christmas. Huddersfield had loads of the ball and played some nice stuff but penalty aside didn't create loads. Our game plan was clearly to go a goal up and then see the game out and it worked. Fully fit team now Hayden aside. Like I say hope we don't get complacent and keep this run of form up. 10 games unbeaten now.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Nice one Geordie boys. Just what we needed after another bad day at the office. One more game gone, minimal gain by the udders. Bring on Rotherham. :albion2:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What a great week we have had after the poor first half against Bristol City. Just hope we don't get complacent as we did over Christmas. Huddersfield had loads of the ball and played some nice stuff but penalty aside didn't create loads. Our game plan was clearly to go a goal up and then see the game out and it worked. Fully fit team now Hayden aside. Like I say hope we don't get complacent and keep this run of form up. 10 games unbeaten now.

Yep, well done, but then when you look at one of your players who cost almost as much as our whole team, and the cost and depth of your squad, you should be much further ahead in this league.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017

An easy game plan to execute when the referee gives you a complete joke of a penalty in the 10th minute. To your credit you defended well.

Regardless, I'm damn proud of that effort. There's still a long way to go in this run-in and if we keep playing like that then there's every chance that something incredible might happen.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I didn't think you played that well against us or Udders, but you got the job done. Now Gayle is fit, I reckon you will crack on, I really don't mind if you win it, as long as we're second, I used to weekend in Chester ale Street with mates so I have a lot of time for the Toon

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There lies the problem like last seaskn but I am feeling confident we will bounce back. What I dont want is people saying our players are tired when every team has played the same number of games.
Not all teams will have the same degree of tiredness just because they've played the same number of games. Fitter teams will be less tired than not so fit teams. Teams that have spent most of the season chasing after the ball will have spent more energy than those who have kept control and passed it around.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here