Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Pulled this off the Net -

bland
bland/
adjective
adjective: bland; comparative adjective: blander; superlative adjective: blandest

lacking strong features or characteristics and therefore uninteresting.
"bland, mass-produced pop music"
synonyms: uninteresting, dull, boring, tedious, monotonous, dry, drab, dreary, wearisome; More
unexciting, unimaginative, uninspiring, uninspired, weak, insipid, colourless, lustreless, lacklustre, vapid, flat, stale, trite, vacuous, feeble, pallid, wishy-washy;
limp, lame, tired, lifeless, torpid, unanimated, zestless, spiritless, sterile, anaemic, barren, tame, bloodless, antiseptic;
middle-of-the-road, run-of-the-mill, commonplace, mediocre, nondescript, characterless, mundane, inoffensive, humdrum, prosaic
"a very bland general election campaign"
antonyms: interesting, stimulating
(of food or drink) unseasoned, mild-tasting, or insipid.
"a bland and unadventurous vegetarian dish"
synonyms: tasteless, flavourless, insipid, mild, savourless, unflavoured, weak, thin, watery, watered-down, spiceless, unappetizing; informalwishy-washy
"the peppers give the bland turkey a piquant flavour"
antonyms: tangy
showing no strong emotion.
"his expression was bland and unreadable"
synonyms: temperate, mild, soft, calm, balmy, soothing, benign
"bland breezes"

Bit harsh is it not? Personally I think Roger Federer is one of the most impressive human beings on the planet. Still - I guess you know best.
Yep he knows best. Thinks he's clever but can be a nasty individual at times.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So the wages are peanuts - is that why they wish to work in the UK where the minimum wages will be £9.15 by 2020?

Not under Brexit it won't be, but being verbally and physically attacked and possibly killed for being foreign could be a draw though.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not under Brexit it won't be, but being verbally and physically attacked and possibly killed for being foreign could be a draw though.

I still work with many Eastern Europeans and the attitudes towards them on site have not changed a jot post Brexit.
I am not disputing but it does seem that certain parts of the media have talked up the verbals and attacked. Mind you as i have stated before, there has been very little trouble on sites over the years. Apart from the Romanian ground workers nicking our scrap cable (caught on CCTV and cable duly returned with no punushment) and the arrogant/unfriendly Russians, some decent banter and mostly decent blokes.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I still work with many Eastern Europeans and the attitudes towards them on site have not changed a jot post Brexit.
I am not disputing but it does seem that certain parts of the media have talked up the verbals and attacked. Mind you as i have stated before, there has been very little trouble on sites over the years. Apart from the Romanian ground workers nicking our scrap cable (caught on CCTV and cable duly returned with no punushment) and the arrogant/unfriendly Russians, some decent banter and mostly decent blokes.

Of course they are. That's what makes the murders of a Polish and Czech bloke so tragic. Russian and Ukrainians, I know very good and extremely bad, but that's pretty much everwhere

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ha! You have no comeback, you know I was right so you stewed it over and decided to come back with personal insults. Classy.

And yes I believe the economy is in a slow motion crash. The reason I haven't bothered saying it again was because I meant it at the time and I mean it now.
I've only answered you now to shut you up.
I suppose I just can't really relate or understand you getting so worked up at individuals on the internet. You can simply ignore them but I don't think that would feed your ego as much would it.

Your line "there'd be no need to pick you up on it" just sounds plain stalky.

"If you returned my calls I wouldn't have to text you 200 times a day"

Incorrect again, you are not right at all, I still know you are wrong, the economy is not crashing.
I apologise for calling you a Numbskull if you consider it an insult,you should however in your case consider it as a step up and a compliment.
You carry on thinking the economy is crashing in your pretty little head, the evidence from people who actually read data and statistics and compare and measure economic performance and announce what the current state of play is, say it is not crashing.
But of course you still claim to know better.

Don’t forget if you think (like a typical snowflake) that you are being picked on and stalked give yourself a safe space…..or whine about it……your choice.

Creepy little shit.

What was that about classy?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Whether I agree with him or not is irrelevant, because it won't happen through Brexit.
As it happens, I think his direction of thought is what led to "closed shop" industries, where however much you or I would like a job in the Print, unless you had a family member already in it, you had no chance. This was as bad if not worse than the "old school tie" mentality.
I don't believe I have any more or less right to a job based on whether I went to the same school as the guy hiring, or if I have an Uncle on the firm, I think we would agree up to here, but I also don't believe I have any more or less right to a job because I was born in the UK and the other guy was born in Ireland, or Portugal, or France.
What is it you or I should be treated better in certain circumstances, than someone else, by accident of birth? I understand, that whilst there is such great inequality in the World, we cannot just open up the doors and have everyone in, but by being more open, we start to reduce the inequalities in the World.
The EU might make us a little poorer, through the contributions we make, (I don't believe it does because of the economies it affords us) but I trust that the redistribution of that wealth is fairer than it will be in Brexit Britain, where you and I will be poorer, and Global and domestic CEO's and Business will reap any benefits. I would much rather a Polish plasterer is keeping my wage down a little, than an American business is pushing my taxes up because it pays none.

The purveyors of Brexit, and those most involved in the up coming negotiations, are your enemy.

Whether the purveyors of Brexit are my enemy has yet to be proved.

By contrast, in the last 20 years we have had your vision of free movement of EU citizens which meant that the interests of the British working class were sacrificed on the altar of internationalist equality. The British working class rejected that vision and that is why we are leaving the EU.

It will also be why the EU will now change, and its commitment to open borders and freedom of movement will be consigned to the dustbin. Not just because of Brexit but because other electorates in the EU feel exactly the same way.

Your candour that you are comfortable that the British people are poorer due to this vision is admirable, you evidently understand what the consequences of freedom of movement means for British people (particularly the unskilled) but you don't care about their plight. Had our politicians been as honest as you in the 90s then we would have got to this point quicker, they weren't though, so it's taken longer.

We will never agree on this issue, politically I put the interests of British working class first and foremost.........you don't, in that regard you have a lot in common with a poster who lives in Germany.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I am not disputing but it does seem that certain parts of the media have talked up the verbals and attacked.

Given the record number if reported incidents pist Brexit perhaps you would like to give examples of the media talking up these figures and also exolain why record number of incidents should not be reported.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yet, that's where most Czechs would prefer to be.

The Czech Republic is a young country, its population has been ruled under different nations for hundreds of years.

For many going to Germany is like the English moving to Scotland.........it's no big deal.

Sure there will be a bigoted proportion of Czechs who probably resent Germany because of the war, but let's not forget that many Czechs and Slovaks also fought for Germany so many Czechs have no axe to grind.

The point i am making of course is that in recent months has Germany been safer than the UK?

We both know the answer.......

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Total bollox post of the week. May well be the total bollox post of the month. Still, if you believe guff like that, best stay in Prague...........

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Total bollox post of the week. May well be the total bollox post of the month. Still, if you believe guff like that, best stay in Prague...........

Cool. Nobody as been verbally or physically attacked, let alone murdered because they were East and Central European AND you know what the minimum wage will be after leaving the EU, when in the real world nobody really knows. I'm much more relaxed. Thanks!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Tit..... of the highest and most uninformed order.

Min wage level will remain... whilst in most of EU it remains at pennys by comparison... like £350 per month in Czk... laughable

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Cool. Nobody as been verbally or physically attacked, let alone murdered because they were East and Central European AND you seem to know what the minimum wage will be after leaving the EU. I'm much more relaxed. Thanks!

No, some people have been murdered, raped and robbed..........we have 10,000 foreigners in our prisons. Like these poor defenceless lads.

http://www.thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/166642,Polish-murderers-must-serve-sentence-in-UK-family-insists

Let's hope they are safe inside eh?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cool. Nobody as been verbally or physically attacked, let alone murdered because they were East and Central European AND you know what the minimum wage will be after leaving the EU, when in the real world nobody really knows. I'm much more relaxed. Thanks!
No, I don't know what the minimum wage will be, and I never said I did. In fact, I don't believe I've ever mentioned the minimum wage at all. Not that it has much to do with Brexit anyway. I have no recollection of Brussels setting our minimum wage for us - have you?
But you carry on making up nonsense in your little make believe world. Or in Prague. Or wherever.

I totally understand that. The issue is that there are citizens on both 'sides' (UK and rest of EU) who will all have their status changed on the same day. The UK is willing to resolve this issue quickly and amicably, yet the EU is not, but for some reason it's the UK who are seen to be the bad guys here.

But there is no change in status for EU citizens when the UK leaves the EU, they will still be free to travel, work, settle, remain etc in any EU member state?
What the requirements will be for any EU citizen wishing to do the same in the UK we don't know and the reciprocal position is down to the remaining 27 member states agreeing something separately and individually with the UK; it is most certainly not an EU competency currently (in law) to negotiate/conclude a single agreement covering such "rights" for non-EU citizens - for want of a better word this would be illegal.
You seem to accept that it's OK for the UK nationals working in the EU to be uncertain, but that it\'s not OK for the EU citizens in the UK. That appears to me to be a very strange logic.
Sorry but you're making stuff up here, where have I accepted/said any such thing?
All of these citizens (UK and EU) are currently benefitting from the same legal framework. All the UK is saying is that when this changes, then it changes for everyone. That to me seems a very reasonable stance.
I think I've covered these points already.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No, I don't know what the minimum wage will be, and I never said I did. In fact, I don't believe I've ever mentioned the minimum wage at all. Not that it has much to do with Brexit anyway. I have no recollection of Brussels setting our minimum wage for us - have you?
But you carry on making up nonsense in your little make believe world. Or in Prague. Or wherever.

And still you had to make a comment about it quoting me. Well done. Which bit was nonsense? The people being attacked or the the bit about nobody knowing what the minimum wage would be a year after Brexit?

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I did look up one of the two that died post Brexit. The Polish chap was killed by teens, picked on because he was foreign I would guess and not because of the Brexit vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here