Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomer Hemed

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Immense but most of us have known that. We really are spoilt with 3 great strikers. A 4th is a luxury we could do with but so far we've escaped having 2 out at once for more than a match. He doesn't even score TOO many penalties.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
Indeed and then Muzza comes on and scores. An embarrassment of riches

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Top Brighton and Hove Albion goal scorers

Below are Brighton and Hove Albion's top League Championship scorers and the totals they have scored.

Hemed is the BEST

Player Goals First Latest
Tomer Hemed
26 15 Aug 2015 11 Feb 2017

Ashley Barnes
24 17 Aug 2011 07 Dec 2013

Leonardo Ulloa
23 19 Feb 2013 03 May 2014

Craig Mackail-Smith
21 13 Aug 2011 21 Aug 2014

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
One thing that gets me is those that claim his penalties are weakly struck. There are several ways to take penalties, and Hemed's is to outfox the goalkeeper. He just so happens to be the best in Europe at it, so I really don't understand what the problem is.
Spot on (as usual). Hazard and Balotelli had a LOT of success from the spot using the same technique. In a way it's a more gutsy approach than smashing it as hard as possible towards either corner. Despite the couple that he's had saved, the stats suggest he's very, very good at sending the keeper the wrong way and thus I'm glad we have him taking them!

Some interesting quotes from Matt Le Tissier talking about the particular technique Hemed uses: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ea8217s-eden-hazard-does-says-matt-le-tissier

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Spot on (as usual). Hazard and Balotelli had a LOT of success from the spot using the same technique. In a way it's a more gutsy approach than smashing it as hard as possible towards either corner. Despite the couple that he's had saved, the stats suggest he's very, very good at sending the keeper the wrong way and thus I'm glad we have him taking them!

Some interesting quotes from Matt Le Tissier talking about the particular technique Hemed uses: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ea8217s-eden-hazard-does-says-matt-le-tissier

Not sure he sends the keeper the wrong way, more he waits until the keeper has chosen which way he is going, then Tomer simply picks the other side and the keeper has transferred his weight which means he's ****ed. Whichever, he's incredibly confident and his record is immense. This season whenever we get one I think we're going to score, and whenever we concede one I'm pretty confident of a Stocko save. Quite remarkable really.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure he sends the keeper the wrong way, more he waits until the keeper has chosen which way he is going, then Tomer simply picks the other side and the keeper has transferred his weight which means he's ****ed. Whichever, he's incredibly confident and his record is immense. This season whenever we get one I think we're going to score, and whenever we concede one I'm pretty confident of a Stocko save. Quite remarkable really.

Bang on. I didn't realise he did it at first and hated his pens as I assumed they were easily save-able if the keeper simply guessed the right way. Ironically, the one pen he missed matters absolutely zero this season (well +1 goal diff but you know what I mean).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To think Tomer was being keyboard warriored just a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I was basing that claim on the following which is interesting:

https://penaltykickstat.wordpress.com/2016/12/12/who-can-dummy-the-keeper-for-a-penalty/

When CH was discussing Stockdale's saves, he invoked Yaya Toure as the player who hits it hard and invariably scores, so that's a different (and seemingly more successful) technique

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's on the list still. Just you wait until we don't win a game he plays, they'll be out telling all you lickers that they told you so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's on the list still. Just you wait until we don't win a game he plays, they'll be out telling all you lickers that they told you so.
Depressingly true.

I'm already fearful of when Chris sends out an 'away' side v Barnsley.

The melts on here will once again go into meltdown.
Assuming 2 or 3 of their targets are called up, saving their favourites for the end of the month.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

He sends the keeper the wrong way. He said himself he's chosen before he steps up where the penalty is going.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

Okay. I'll bite.

I openly and honestly prefer Murray to Hemed and feel we def can't play them together. But do not see demanding more from certain players as keyboard warrioring, simply an expression of wanting the best for the team I love.

However the TH we've seen over the last four games is a completely different animal to last season and appears more hungry, which I can only put down to the added competition, which is great. Anway I digress.

But come on murder your darlings, nail your flag to the mast and outline who you prefer; none of this 'I support whoever wears the shirt' crud...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He sends the keeper the wrong way. He said himself he's chosen before he steps up where the penalty is going.

Those two sentences sit problematically alongside one another. I'd imagine what he says is stated with the aim of confusing opposition goalkeepers. He'd be some incredible psychic to know which way the goalkeeper is going with such a high degree of probability. See:

https://penaltykickstat.wordpress.co...for-a-penalty/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Okay. I'll bite.

I openly and honestly prefer Murray to Hemed and feel we def can't play them together. But do not see demanding more from certain players as keyboard warrioring, simply an expression of wanting the best for the team I love.

However the TH we've seen over the last four games is a completely different animal to last season and appears more hungry, which I can only put down to the added competition, which is great. Anway I digress.

But come on murder your darlings, nail your flag to the mast and outline who you prefer; none of this 'I support whoever wears the shirt' crud...

That 'animal last season' scored 17 goals in his first in the Championship. He is a good striker, as is Murray.

Edit to add that McLoughlin has faced two penalties from Hemed this season, home and away. You'd think he'd know which way to go.

Okay. I'll bite.

Noooo....you can't bait the superfans like that, they are sooooo sensitive

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Nope.

Not a chance that's true.

He'll have a side he'd rather put it, but he undeniably switches, if the keeper commits that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here