Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to make move permanant?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It all depends on if there is a recall clause in the loan contract, and what its terms are.

Which is why no fan ever knows unless someone who has seen the loan contract ( eg Paul Barber and not Timmy ) tells them.

The standard season long loan used to have a clause that allows for a recall in the January transfer window.

However it now appears that clause has to be agreed as part of the loan agreement.

53.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window;
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#D4VL2WhJCZOdY7vG.99

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It would be great if we signed Murray on a permanent basis but we do need another striker to cover for injuries/suspensions and let's not kid ourselves otherwise.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It would be great if we signed Murray on a permanent basis but we do need another striker to cover for injuries/suspensions and let's not kid ourselves otherwise.

I think the key word there is cover. In the summer, it seemed likely we were looking for a player to get in the side ahead of Baldock but now I believe we are only looking for cover due to Baldock's form and his partnership with Murray, although I may well be wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the key word there is cover. In the summer, it seemed likely we were looking for a player to get in the side ahead of Baldock but now I believe we are only looking for cover due to Baldock's form and his partnership with Murray, although I may well be wrong.

I think we will be looking to sign quality cover for Baldock and a similar type of player who can come in for him during a game. At present Baldock's position has no like for like cover. Whoever comes in will get a chance to stake a claim for a starting place as he will be used as a sub from the off...imo.

Really hope Murray signs but I believe Hemed is adequate cover

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Well said...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think we will be looking to sign quality cover for Baldock and a similar type of player who can come in for him during a game. At present Baldock's position has no like for like cover. Whoever comes in will get a chance to stake a claim for a starting place as he will be used as a sub from the off...imo.

Also well said... credit to Sam B for his great performances this season, but we have no cover if he get's injured / suspended / loses form... at the least, we need real competition for his place...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Really hope Murray signs but I believe Hemed is adequate cover

Agreed. I meant more that they won't be an automatic first choice (like I assume Pritchard would have been) and that is down to Baldock's form in recent weeks. If we get through this window with that signing and no departures now Manu has gone, I will be very pleased although it would be good to sign Murray permanently too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That's the least of our worries when you bring us news like that. :bowdown:

Haha thank you. I just thought I'd point out I noticed it before anyone else inevitably does - you know what NSC is like :lol:

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Just going to put this out there as an alternative view.......

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of GM and will be eternally grateful for everything that he is doing to get the club promoted, but we know that he struggled in the top flight to hold down a regular starting position.
Would we not be better off by keeping him on loan until the end of the season before making some considered decisions regarding playing staff when we know for sure which league we will be in. I suspect that he would be cheaper to buy from Bournemouth by then.
I would be delighted to have him staying at the club, I just don't want to pay over the odds for a player that will be struggling in the prem to hold down a starting position

Fire away!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Just going to put this out there as an alternative view.......

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of GM and will be eternally grateful for everything that he is doing to get the club promoted, but we know that he struggled in the top flight to hold down a regular starting position.
Would we not be better off by keeping him on loan until the end of the season before making some considered decisions regarding playing staff when we know for sure which league we will be in. I suspect that he would be cheaper to buy from Bournemouth by then.
I would be delighted to have him staying at the club, I just don't want to pay over the odds for a player that will be struggling in the prem to hold down a starting position

Fire away!

I'd argue Bmuff would want more for him if we have the Prem millions in our pockets

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looking on the B'muff fans' forum is entertaining. Whilst displaying abject ignorance over FFP they are pretty unanimous that they will rip us off over GM. Thank heavens the fans don't run football clubs! :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd argue Bmuff would want more for him if we have the Prem millions in our pockets

I'd also argue that he may feel more integrated in the Brighton set-up. He's playing for his local team, in the starting line-up and obviously appreciated by the fans and his team-mates. Most importantly of all, he's managed by a guy who gets the best out of him and is not being managed by a total cock

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd also argue that he may feel more integrated in the Brighton set-up. He's playing for his local team, in the starting line-up and obviously appreciated by the fans and his team-mates. Most importantly of all, he's managed by a guy who gets the best out of him and is not being managed by a total cock

That will be his perspective but will have no influence on what Smarmy Eddie wants for him.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I thought Bmuff would be happy just to get his wages off their books for the remaining 18 months of his contract.
However, they may feel they could get more elsewhere in the summer when we have either gone up or from a desperate Championship Club who needs to get up the following season (Villa, Derby etc\).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we do not sign Murray either now or in the summer there is always the thought that some other team could do with him what I think that we should do with Rhodes. Buy him now, have his goals get us promoted then sell him on to do the same again for another club even if we took a slight loss as we would have earned the money with promotion.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If we do not sign Murray either now or in the summer there is always the thought that some other team could do with him what I think that we should do with Rhodes. Buy him now, have his goals get us promoted then sell him on to do the same again for another club even if we took a slight loss as we would have earned the money with promotion.
Yes but he's 34 soonish not 24....will not be a regular starter if we go up :)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here