Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forestieri

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well it depends. Boro went and signed Rhodes for hige money and went up and he doesnt get a sniff. Obviously yes if he helps us get a few more goals to go up, however I dont think he has the attitude to fit in right now.

If we do get a striker I can see it being a younger talent.

Boro wanted McCormack but had to settle for Rhodes. They knew another 10-12 goals would see them over the line. Although very strong at the back, they weren't prolific scorers. Rhodes isn't PL class and they knew that. They felt It was worth the gamble, spending £10m to get £100m and knowing Rhodes would hardly feature if they went up. He is proven at Championship level.
I doubt very much that we would gamble on an unproven youngster or spend £10-£15m to try and guarantee promotion. We have better goalscoring potential than Boro had last season and more variety in our play.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No.
More forwards are not required. We have goals all over our team. We will rip a number of sides apart this season. I have it on very good authority that CH has earmarked two players that will continue and strengthen our push for promotion. Beram Kayal and Liam Rosenior. Nothing else is required.
The problem as I see it is in potential. If one or two of our forwards become injured then we are severely lacking in backups.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No.
More forwards are not required. We have goals all over our team. We will rip a number of sides apart this season. I have it on very good authority that CH has earmarked two players that will continue and strengthen our push for promotion. Beram Kayal and Liam Rosenior. Nothing else is required.

I have no idea how you can reach any of those conclusions.

By it's own current standards the team was poor without Baldock.
Until Wigan the team had only 4 (four) league goal scorers.
As it is it's now a 2 way split 4 players with multiple goals and 4 with just one.

Kayal & Rosenior and both fantastic and it's amazing they're not being missed, but they both have one thing in common, neither score goals.

Now the team is in this position, uncle Tony will spend and will acquire a striker, or 2, for a period of time.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
No.

Couldn't disagree with you more !!

3 strikers is not enough and although we are doing ok at the moment we could easily pick up 1 or 2 injuries and we are in a lot of trouble in forward positions.

If we have serious promotion aspirations we do not need players who can 'do a job' in forward positions if we get injuries we need players that can push for starting places and hit the ground running if they get a chance. I see us getting 2 strikers in Jan, one perm and the other a young loanee.

We can not take the risk to fall at the final hurdle due to bad planning.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Couldn't disagree with you more !!

3 strikers is not enough and although we are doing ok at the moment we could easily pick up 1 or 2 injuries and we are in a lot of trouble in forward positions.

If we have serious promotion aspirations we do not need players who can 'do a job' in forward positions if we get injuries we need players that can push for starting places and hit the ground running if they get a chance. I see us getting 2 strikers in Jan, one perm and the other a young loanee.

We can not take the risk to fall at the final hurdle due to bad planning.

Agree with this.

If Murray gets injured we would be royally screwed. Middlesbrough signing Rhodes is a good example of pushing on from a reasonable position to get us over the line. Yes other players score goals but it wouldn't be enough to cover the loss of Murray.

Just not Forestieri. We'd lose too much game time with him rolling round on the floor for one thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
For risk of getting shot down in flames . Somebody who will score goals is Nanki wells at Udders. Not sure we would be able to get him , but i think he would do well in our set up .

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
We are a striker short, but personally dont think Forestieri is the answer. Not got the right attitude and for Wednesday to sell him to us would cost to much.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely the teams much lauded spirit doesn't just come from the players.
It comes from the top down, and has to be set by the manager, where he leads they follow.

Fortunately the club won't be acquiring the services of a proper hatstand.
Anyone joining the club won't upset the applecart, Chris won't let him.

I agree with this. We're hardly in a position to criticise players who throw their teddies out of the pram when we still have Dale, who put in a transfer request and Duffy, who played for Blackburn, but made sure they wanted rid of him, by getting himself sent off and scoring own goals for fun!

Chris manages our team brilliantly and there's a fantastic team spirit.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I agree with this. We're hardly in a position to criticise players who throw their teddies out of the pram when we still have Dale, who put in a transfer request and Duffy, who played for Blackburn, but made sure they wanted rid of him, by getting himself sent off and scoring own goals for fun!

Chris manages our team brilliantly and there's a fantastic team spirit.

Or Lewis Dunk for that matter. #devilsadvocate

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Yes, I omitted Lewis who refused to play last season.

Moody players indeed.

LD's situation is most similar to FF's as well. Wanted more money and prepared to make a very sideways step to get it to the point of withdrawing availability. I am sure we are all now very thankful that the club didn't let him go. I suspect FF is an odious little sh*t but I doubt there'd be any such manifestations between January and the date we secure automatic promotion. Obviously if there is a number 10 equivalent of Rosenior, Calderon, Bruno etc out there then I'd prefer that....

Either way, I can't believe we would risk not signing another forward as it is the one area we are short of alternatives.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We are a striker short, but personally dont think Forestieri is the answer. Not got the right attitude and for Wednesday to sell him to us would cost to much.

This.

And I am not convinced he will find the right striker at the right price.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All this 'final hurdle' stuff is making me feel QUEASY.

We're a third of the way into the season. We've done brilliantly SO FAR, but nobody ever won anything in November.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
This.

And I am not convinced he will find the right striker at the right price.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we have...It is about ensuring we are in the BEST position possible to achieve our dream!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think anyone is suggesting we have...It is about ensuring we are in the BEST position possible to achieve our dream!
Yes I should have elaborated.

I think what I'm saying is that in an ideal world, we will recruit another striker who enhances the squad by being a team man and by being an improvement on Elvis Manu and ideally on either Hemed or Baldock. However, I doubt we'll find that player and if that is the case, it isn't the end of the world. I think we've got a superb chance of going up with what we've got.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
For risk of getting shot down in flames . Somebody who will score goals is Nanki wells at Udders. Not sure we would be able to get him , but i think he would do well in our set up .

wells....hooper ....houlahan....rhodes.....this is the calibre of player that would give us a fantastic chance at autos......a cheeky loan of peter crouch to nod in all the crosses that will be getting fired over and i think i might wee myself......a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here