Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's best 'thing' you've purchased for your home ....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
dfc84e73bb38edff26a9781b40e72ca0.jpg

Does that not look a bit odd when you're watching Countryfile?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
One of those Dyson Hot & Cool fans. Expensive but incredible.

1st world problem in our house. Mrs Piggle wants to move upstairs into our 3rd floor but I'm not keen. Before kids we were there and it was too hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. Am I right in thinking this will solve the problem and is it quiet?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I was going to get one of those lamps that make up for the lack of daylight now that we're into Greenwich Mean Time but the prices are ludicrous. Just going to embrace late autumn and winter.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Crock-pot slow cooker. Nothing beats the small of a gently cooking chilli, bbq pulled pork or similar for several hours. Meat is always melt-in-the-mouth.......

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Another vote for a wood burning stove. Heats the house through, and cheap as chips to run

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
1st world problem in our house. Mrs Piggle wants to move upstairs into our 3rd floor but I'm not keen. Before kids we were there and it was too hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter. Am I right in thinking this will solve the problem and is it quiet?

The effectiveness of the fan is excellent - on either the hot or cold settings. It is not totally silent, but it is more so than a lot of conventional fans I've tried in the past.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Cordless dyson. Great for little messes I regularly make and also or cleaning the car.

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
Pure Jongo A2's, they bring old speakers to life in a sonos way. Only a fraction of the price. Paid £20 each for them, now have music all over the house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here