Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has an Albion goalkeeper ever scored a goal?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Jimmy Glass scored something of a cracker for Carlisle one year.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
First I ever saw must have been Pat Jennings in the 60's against manure for spurs

Charity Shield too I believe

Alex Stepney used to take pens for Man Utd or was it Millwall,anyway I think briefly he was top scorer

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
For us, I mean, not own goals. Prompted by Stockdale's wind-assisted punt just wide of Button's goal yesterday.

I can't think of any, and if that's the case, then it's an enormous & disappointing gap in our history.

If Stockdale ever scored a goal for us- ideally a 97th minute overhead kick in the opposition penalty box (you just know he'd try it if it was on)- I honestly think my Albion-watching career would peak there and then.

Come on Dave. Make it happen :clap:

I seem to remember you taking the p**s out of BG a few months ago for suggesting this.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I seem to remember you taking the p**s out of BG a few months ago for suggesting this.

You have a good memory, sir. Considerably better than mine, in fact, especially for somebody who doesn't post often. Though oddly, I do seem to remember you suddenly starting to post more regularly a little while ago during that period when BG was temporarily banned. And now here you are posting in support of him again.

There's a coincidence, eh? :wave:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
You have a good memory, sir. Considerably better than mine, in fact, especially for somebody who doesn't post often. Though oddly, I do seem to remember you suddenly starting to post more regularly a little while ago during that period when BG was temporarily banned. And now here you are posting in support of him again.

With that kind of forensic thinking so evident, have you ever considered a career in the police?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007

Constable you may be but alas never a detective with a deduction which is as close as Bolton are to winning the championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here