Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona: Van hits crowds on Ramblas tourist area

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ok, if we're going down that route........a group of Saudi funded, mainly Saudi nationals who apparently were Al Qaeda terrorists attacked America. The US response, which we assisted with, was to then attack and invade Afghanistan and Pakistan to try and defeat the Taliban, another "terrorist" group who up until that point, hadn't actually fought anyone outside their own country. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter etc etc.

Bush didn't follow the Saudi angle because there were too many American interests that would have been upset by that. Whilst it may be my opinion, I'm fairly certain that attacking an Islamic group that had no responsibility for 9/11 provoked a lot of the violence we have seen since 9/11 and abominations such as Guantanamo Bay have fueled the propaganda used by ISIS/Al Qaeda etc

Completely agree with you about Saudi Arabia as a country and it's connections with the US. However you are forgetting that the Taliban were harbouring Bin Laden and Al Qaeda so it's not the case that they had nothing to do with 9/11. They were given the opportunity to give Bin Laden up but declined hence the attack. These are important facts that cannot be missed out. It was not a random attack on the Taliban.
There have been many mistakes made in the conduct of the War on Terror as with all wars and I agree with your other points but the concept of the war itself may or may not have been effective. It's subjective.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
F#cking wake up Europe. Our kids and women are being gang raped all over Europe by MUSLIMS. We are being murdered at will by MUSLIMS. Hatred against the West, the conquering of our country, the murder of non-believers is being preached in MUSLIM mosques and the police know it and do f#ck all about it. People will light candles, people will sing songs and then everbody will go about their daily business waiting for the next inevitable attack. Islam is a religion of war. The weak Governments across Europe will be the cause of a major uprising. When one nation's desperate people rise up, it will spread like wildfire. It is time to clamp down hard on Islam now before this happens and thousands more die. The truth is evil, but it MUST be faced, for the sake of our thousands of raped children and women at least. I'll probably be called a racist for this post but I am not. Islam is racist, misogynistic and homophobic. They are the Nazi's.

Last edited:

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Horrible footage emerging of the street littered with bodies. Women and children as young as 2 or 3

This is a sad world we live in.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Four fully armed Police officers walking along Brighton seafront at the weekend. Unreal sight but something I've got used to now having had my white van given more than a second glance more than once in the last month or so. Not bothered about van check but was strange about a month back in one week it seemed a police car pulled up behind every time I stopped.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
F#cking wake up Europe. Our kids and women are being gang raped all over Europe by MUSLIMS. We are beind murdered at will by MUSLIMS. Hatred against the West, the conquering of our country, the murder of non-believers is being preached in MUSLIM mosques and the police know it and do f#ck all about it. People will light candles, people will sing songs and then everbody will go about their daily business waiting for the next inevitable attack. Islam is a religion of war. The weak Governments across Europe will be the cause of a major uprising. When one nation's desperate people rise up, it will spread like wildfire. It is time to clamp down hard on Islam now before this happens and thousands more die. The truth is evil, but it MUST be faced, for the sake of our thousands of raped children and women at least. I'll probably be called a racist for this post but I am not. Islam is racist, misogynistic, homophobic. They are the Nazi's.

Replace Muslim with Christians and you'll get the same post. Especially the nazi bit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not read what appears to be yet another stupid binfest but this is scary stuff that is closer to home to me than other attacks. I was on the Ramblas with my wife a month or so ago and my son and grandkids were there not two weeks ago.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Four fully armed Police officers walking along Brighton seafront at the weekend. Unreal sight but something I've got used to now having had my white van given more than a second glance more than once in the last month or so. Not bothered about van check but was strange about a month back in one week it seemed a police car pulled up behind every time I stopped.

If the recent police polling influences political policy we will soon have a universally armed police force.

#Britishvalues #theywontchangeus.

Wonderful stuff, we will finally be more like our European cousins on the continent!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
13 people are dead and 50 injured an you ****wits have to just keep spouting your crap :nono:

13 dead, 50 injured and we are f#cking angry that people are being murdered and that a Third-World ideology is trying to wipe us and our way of life out. That makes us ****wits does it? Whilst your head is in the sand, imagine if white Christians were systematically raping Muslim girls without remorse. Imagine if white Christians were bombing or driving vehicles into predominantly Muslim crowds. I would be angry and demand that it was stopped and I'm sure we would be able to discuss it without the thread being moved and without being called abusive names by you. I have no love of any religion. I have no hate for foreigners. But I do have pride and love for my own country and culture and feel we need to protect ourselves and our children. What do you find so offensive about that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here