Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forresteri

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Leaving Tomer alone up front isn't ideal, as he isn't the fastest, but he would have had a better chance if his starting point for trying to get on the end of clearances was the half way line, .

So we'd have put one of our best headers of the ball on the halfway line, rather than in the box to defend the corner. A man who's not quick enough to beat a Championship centre back in a sprint but who will somehow miraculously a) get to any clearance first and b) hold off these 2 international class defenders that will have to stay back to deal with the terrifying threat.

It's not going to work.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Actually, more likely to win the ball on the half way line; fewer players there. And more likely to get to a ball played into space in the opponent's half if he's starting out from 20 yards closer to it.

How many balls get cleared from corners to or over the half-way line? Not many.. goal-kicks don't get much further..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In this case probably not - March had a specific job to do in the defensive set up of two banks of four, and it would have required quite a re-shuffle to do this. Probably, if he'd been fit, Baldock would have been better suited to the task that Hemed - but still only if he started from the half way line rather than 20 yards behind it.

Sorry I cannot agree with that as yes in normal play March had a duty to perform backing up Bruno but in a situation of a corner it is more a free for all when headers are won and the ball scrambled away to safety or to attack the opponents. In our case it was to hit the centre circle for their defenders to pump it back in giving our defence more pressure.

I assume you was talking of a corner being taken rather than general defensive play as obviously it wouldnt work other than at a corner or deep free kick out wide of the box.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Can't agree.. The sheer number of bodies in the box is one reason for having everyone back - less space, so much harder to score. The reality is at this level, even if you left one up, two defenders will win the clearance (often a hoof up the pitch - not controlled pass) the vast majority of the time and the ball comes back anyway. It's a % thing - defend the most dangerous threat is the priority. Breaking quickly, with players sprinting in all directions then becomes much harder to defend - we did this pretty well over the last few seasons.
At a lower level when defenders are likely to make a mistake then there is possibly an argument, but not at this level IMO.
Good point, well made.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very interesting chat with a Wednesday fan and he is convinced forresteri is coming to us.

Interesting times.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Very interesting chat with a Wednesday fan and he is convinced forresteri is coming to us.

Interesting times.

I have a mate who is a Wednesday STH, he is also convinced of it...I can't see it..He is the type that wouldn't fit in with the 'Together' Ethos!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I have a mate who is a Wednesday STH, he is also convinced of it...I can't see it..He is the type that wouldn't fit in with the 'Together' Ethos!

Off to Palace for £15m according to Owlstalk, and amongst the comments about him being a 'mardy little ****' is this one, which, as you say is surely why he won't be coming here, team spirit and all that:

He's not a good team player, very selfish when he has the ball and probably thinks he's better than what he is. All what he has done also has to be bad for team spirit and togetherness. I agree time to get rid.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Off to Palace for £15m according to Owlstalk, and amongst the comments about him being a 'mardy little ****' is this one, which, as you say is surely why he won't be coming here, team spirit and all that:

He's not a good team player, very selfish when he has the ball and probably thinks he's better than what he is. All what he has done also has to be bad for team spirit and togetherness. I agree time to get rid.

Zaha, Louganis, Tom Daley, Forestieri - they could build a team of divers.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I expect we enquire about a number of players and I reckon Forresteri is probably one of them. However, I expect he is well down our list and is in the category of 'if nothing else comes off, we'll have to have some cover, and if it's late on 31st Aug I expect we'll get him from Massive for a knock down price'. He hardly fits the mound of the pacy striker CH is rumoured to be after.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

He would fit in well at Palace then!

They also have HaHa out for a while so I can see that happening..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here