Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How to beat the rail strike (Colchester and Forest)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That's really helpful RW, thank you. You might want to consider Seagulls Travel as a one-off:

http://www.eventtravel-hub.co.uk/ma...-friday-12th-august-2016---ko-1945-1311-p.asp

I've just renewed my season ticket with them for the 5th successive year and I can't speak highly enough of them. It's a stress free experience, circumventing the Brighton-Falmer train crush. True, it's more expensive than relying on the inbuilt BHA season ticket travel subsidy, but at my age I prefer it to the train or park and ride. Seagulls Travel's Hassocks to the Amex coach takes about 20/25 mins (a bit longer in heavy traffic), the coach parks about 30 yards from the South Stand and (from Hassocks) it costs about a tenner for a one-off return fare.
Same for me with the longevity but they are really starting to annoy me with their tweets about doing all they can to get people to both games. When I pointed out that their solution for Colchester was two coaches - both from the west, they went quiet for a few days before excitedly tweeting me that they had add 'another' route from the East. As I live nowhere near Seaford which is where it starts then that is no use. If it isn't financially viable then 'fess up but stop bigging yourself up for running 3 coaches.

And for £200 a year, a coach that hasn't got warning lights on the dash and seats that don't recline whether you want them to or not would be nice.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Loving people's hopeful suggestions about using the 700. It's utter insanity on them when southern and stagecoach get their heads together and allow train tickets to be used on the 700. I use it daily to commute to Hove and it's getting progressively worse - sometimes dangerously full and a ridiculously uncomfortable journey. Seriously, cattle are treated better.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I tried catching the bus 700 from Shoreham before, full up and then when I found a bus that was not, changed at Churchill Square and the number 25 was full up. So I ended up going by train.

I have my doubts that a 700 to Madeira Drive and then shuttle buses will actually work going, and likely to be a nightmare going back.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you're getting a 25 from Hove then you best bet is probably to get it from Palmeira Square if you can, as thats where it starts from. Likely to be more of a SCRUM to get on at Churchill Square.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Do some people live under a rock, somebody tweeted the club this morning asking if there will be additional trains for Tuesday's match or whether they will be stuck with the 22.20.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I've booked 3 places on the park and ride from Sainsburys.

I'm a P&R virgin as I would usually get the train.
How many buses are there and how frequently do they leave.?
It says its open from 6.00pm .

I'm driving back from a job in Somerset that day so not sure exactly what time we'll get back.

thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here