Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There was a Newsnight report on this last night which may interest you.

[tweet]1019341738438250497[/tweet]

Project Fear, Fake News, these companies just dont believe in Britain, and other protestations that say nothing of substance.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
30 sitting days suspension and the Recall of MPs Act means as that's over 10 days, if 10% of his electorate petition for it, a by-election can be called. Got a 20,000 majority though and despite 16% of North Antrim voting Sinn Fein, I'm sure they all really, really like their Presbyterian DUP MP and won't force him to stand in a by-election though. :whistle:

(Best not tell [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION] he hates petitions)

Tories down by a vote through all the crucial Autumn votes. May demands a refund from DUP

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
She is elected to represent her constituents. Unbelievable she disregarded them

an interesting observation. some claim we should not have referedums, we elect our representitives and they make the decisions on our behalf, against the uninformed views of the majority if its for our own good. now heres the claim that representive should only represent their constituents views. so presumably all those pro-remain representitives who's seat was leave should follow their constituents views?

i have no idea if that would change anything but there must more that applies to? Ken Clarke for one to balance out Hoey.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Project Fear, Fake News, these companies just dont believe in Britain, and other protestations that say nothing of substance.

Forgive me but without checking your antecdants I actually don't know if you are being serious or facetious. So low has this tarradiddle got that I don't actually care any more. Opinions now no loger mean anything....If any of that is wrong, I misspoke, OK. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
an interesting observation. some claim we should not have referedums, we elect our representitives and they make the decisions on our behalf, against the uninformed views of the majority if its for our own good. now heres the claim that representive should only represent their constituents views. so presumably all those pro-remain representitives who's seat was leave should follow their constituents views?

i have no idea if that would change anything but there must more that applies to? Ken Clarke for one to balance out Hoey.

We should NEVER have referendums. When I go to the doc I don't call a town meeting afterwards to decide whether to take the doc's prescription or not. FFS.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

:lol: What good timing

Full Fact 13th July 2018

According to these estimates, around 75% of constituencies that were won by the Conservatives in the 2017 general election voted to Leave, while around 61% of Labour constituencies voted to Leave. All seats won by the Scottish National Party and the Green Party, and a majority of the seats won by the Liberal Democrats and Plaid Cymru, voted to Remain.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-maj...bour-constituencies-vote-leave-eu-referendum/

Leave_remain.PNG

Dont forget to use the word "probably" though

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Do you really think we will get through to next March without a General Election?

What's the likelihood of a GE got to do with the process of recinding A50 ? It doesn't suddenly change what needs to happen. Labour can't win the next GE and reverse everything with the wave of a wand. If, and I don't think there will be a GE before we exit next March, there is a GE then it will most likely delay the process to recind. That means we will leave and it will be too late to recind.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
She only won yesterday's vote by 4 because of Labour rebels, and betrayal of pairings for those on maternity leave.

One of whom is going to be deselected. She ignored her constituents who voted Remain.

She is elected to represent her constituents. Unbelievable she disregarded them

The referendum votes were measured at national level not constituientcy level. Therefore MPs should vote based on national results. Besides, you remainers keep banging on that it was only advisory - you appear to have changed you tune in a desperate attempt to prevent Brexit. There can't be many straws left for you to grab !

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I have now withdrawn from being enthusiastically engaged in our domestic politics now..... this whole situation has become a sizeable farce, I will certainly not take part in another vote if the straw clutching remainers get their way............

#NOTOREF2

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
She's not the only one. Lewes voted Remain but Maria Caulfield has dutifully voted like a good little Tory sheep.
there's a surprise, good old liberal lefty handwringing Lewes, half of the town come from London these days ,totally deluded in their multi cultural lifestyle in the town :dunce:
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
With a wild stab in the dark I'd suggest Twitter. She seems to think it's the bringer of truth and fact :facepalm:

Yesterday produced one of the most depressing response posts I have seen on here.

To be fair, there could also be a number of people in the country who voted Remain and now wish to Brexit!

Could there? I follow it very closely on Twitter and haven't seen one.

The moment you know someone is defined by what they read in their twitter bubble and can no longer recognise opinions exist outside of it……..actually questioning whether something is possible because they havnt seen it on twitter......dear lord

If this is the future, we are all royally #{@k#d

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
it's like death row for the grizzlers on here, what's it going to be a lethal injection or the electric chair or a last minute stay of execution ,bye bye EU
regards
DR

As tasteful and deeply insightful as ever, PPF. Meanwhile Dom Raab goes off to meet Bernier; a bit like the Palace reserves playing Barcelona. Suspect our Dom would have been an enthusiastic White Paper wrecker if not promoted to advocate it. It's OK though: it's only country's future which hangs on his every word.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
At least the government are going to send 79 leaflets to households and businesses to advise how to prepare for a no deal. I assume it will be along the lines of "open more bank accounts for all your money and go to hospital as soon as you get a sniffle because we will be rolling in cash"

Or do we think it will tell people to stock up on life saving drugs and get some tins in? I assume only remain voters will bother getting anything because the leavers know everything will be fine.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
At least the government are going to send 79 leaflets to households and businesses to advise how to prepare for a no deal. I assume it will be along the lines of "open more bank accounts for all your money and go to hospital as soon as you get a sniffle because we will be rolling in cash"

Or do we think it will tell people to stock up on life saving drugs and get some tins in? I assume only remain voters will bother getting anything because the leavers know everything will be fine.

Let's just hope they don't bear the title 'Protect and Survive'!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here