Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Don't think Davis has a column. I'd look out for Williamson, he has a lean and hungry look

In his case 'lean and hungry' = lightweight? Can't see him having any broad base of support in the parliamentary party - but will have a lot of enemies. A chancer who will be gobbled up by the big beasts at some point.*

*Just seen the headline from The Times 23rd October 2027:"Prime Minister Williamson chooses new Cabinet".:)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
After a long day they will announce what they have agreed and within half an hour the EU will reply with "we already told you that is not going to happen" and it starts again.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In his case 'lean and hungry' = lightweight? Can't see him having any broad base of support in the parliamentary party - but will have a lot of enemies.

You could say the same about Johnson, he's loathed by a large number of Tory MPs ... but is regularly quoted as being one of the front-runners to succeed May.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Over 5000 posts and my first on Brexit. Just an aside really. Met a French woman yesterday (while walking the dog) who was rabid anti-Brussels. She thought that a lot of Europeans were looking for the UK to tell Barnier to "**** Off" - her words - because without our money the whole thing becomes incredibly difficult to operate. It might lead to a real slimming down of Brussels bureaucratic power. Very surreal really because she spoke fabulous English and I just didn't expect the tirade she delivered.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You could say the same about Johnson, he's loathed by a large number of Tory MPs ... but is regularly quoted as being one of the front-runners to succeed May.

I see Sam Coates in The Times states Johnson met David Cameron last night who persuaded him that May's 'plan' is the only one parliament will accept, so he will apparently. Unless he resigns.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see Sam Coates in The Times states Johnson met David Cameron last night who persuaded him that May's 'plan' is the only one parliament will accept, so he will apparently. Unless he resigns.
Boris has to clear his diary anyway so he can lay infront of some bulldozers.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
'Commands the support of parliament' appears to be the in phrase for today.

[tweet]1015139805187932160[/tweet]

[tweet]1015092259308654592[/tweet]

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Two absolutely crucial differences

1. Boris is loved by the grass roots of the party and even some who hate him would see him as an election winner

2. The word 'lean' could never be used in the same sentence as the word 'Boris' other than this oe: "hey Boris, welcome to Beachy Head. If you lean over just a bit further there's a smashing view".

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Two absolutely crucial differences

1. Boris is loved by the grass roots of the party and even some who hate him would see him as an election winner

The grass roots of the party don't get to select the candidates however.

I also think he's blotted his copybook a bit with the party: his cowardly behaviour over Heathrow really didn't go down well

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Over 5000 posts and my first on Brexit. Just an aside really. Met a French woman yesterday (while walking the dog) who was rabid anti-Brussels. She thought that a lot of Europeans were looking for the UK to tell Barnier to "**** Off" - her words - because without our money the whole thing becomes incredibly difficult to operate. It might lead to a real slimming down of Brussels bureaucratic power. Very surreal really because she spoke fabulous English and I just didn't expect the tirade she delivered.

It might suit me if the French told Barnier to F off, and leave the EU, it would be a kick up the arse that the EU could do with, but then I don't have to live in France afterwards, would save a bit on the monthly move to Strasbourg not happening. Better for all though if the European Council, i.e. the elected leaders of each of the members tried a bit harder to shape it, and worked a bit harder to have common policies where they would really make a difference and leave the power of Vacuum cleaners for later when we don't have a migration and assylum crisis.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Mrs May really is a bloody difficult woman then - apparently if anyone does resign today at Chequers, they'll be immediately stripped of their ministerial car and have to make their own way home, though they do now have a willing driver.

[tweet]1015152226719977472[/tweet]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Johnson may have been spinning things in regards to his meeting with his old Bullingdon Club chum Cameron last night. Perhaps Bone Cabs of Wellingborough will be needed after-all.

[tweet]1015193577629147136[/tweet]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What I'm really waiting for is the 'who will be first to leak' derby.

I have to say, I'm stunned we have got to 4 o'clock without any :eek:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What I'm really waiting for is the 'who will be first to leak' derby.

I have to say, I'm stunned we have got to 4 o'clock without any :eek:

Apparently all phones, tablets, watches had to be given in on arrival.

In other news that twit Cameron spotted at Wimbledon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here