Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Salde in!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He should do well there as it is about his level.

Harsh, he managed to take 4 points off us this season and Cardiff thrashed us at their place. More than capable at Championship level imo. I think he'll do well at Charlton though and with backing will probably bring them straight back up.

I will always have a soft spot for Russell Slade.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Harsh, he managed to take 4 points off us this season and Cardiff thrashed us at their place.More than capable at Championship level imo. I think he'll do well at Charlton though and with backing will probably bring them straight back up.

Agreed, good appointment for them, did well at Cardiff in my opinion.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is a good championship manager which is why TB sacked him in his first move as chairman and the Cardiff chairman did the same as they under performed this season. RS did well at Yeovil and Orient but only beat us in Cardiff due to our own failings, nothing to do with his tactics etc. CH picked the wrong team and those he picked under performed in one of their worst performances of the season. I am sure he will make Charlton into play off contenders at least

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
He is a good championship manager which is why TB sacked him in his first move as chairman and the Cardiff chairman did the same as they under performed this season. RS did well at Yeovil and Orient but only beat us in Cardiff due to our own failings, nothing to do with his tactics etc. CH picked the wrong team and those he picked under performed in one of their worst performances of the season. I am sure he will make Charlton into play off contenders at least

When he arrived at Cardiff, he had a massively overinflated squad inherited from Solksjaer, which he had to whittle down. He was then hit by a transfer embargo, needing to get rid of a couple of his better players. Under those circumstances, he did a pretty good job to build a team that nearly made the Play-offs last season.

Still, let's not let facts get in the way shall we? :thumbsup:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

How do you mangage to be on the wrong side of every argument?

At Cardiff he's reduced the wage bill and produced two top half finishes , I think that pretty much qualifies him as a capable manager in the Championship

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
How do you mangage to be on the wrong side of every argument?

At Cardiff he's reduced the wage bill and produced two top half finishes , I think that pretty much qualifies him as a capable manager in the Championship
It would if he could play at left back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lets just say I am glad that TB took the action he did when he became Chairman and wish RS well at Charlton. Looking at his clubs managed on wiki every team bar us and Cardiff that he has managed have been lower division. His record doesnt even compare favourably with MA but I would still wish him good luck at Charlton

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Big job on his hands there so he has

charltoncamp.gif

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Lets just say I am glad that TB took the action he did when he became Chairman and wish RS well at Charlton. Looking at his clubs managed on wiki every team bar us and Cardiff that he has managed have been lower division. His record doesnt even compare favourably with MA but I would still wish him good luck at Charlton

:facepalm:

Let the records show he took Cardiff City to eighth in the Championship with one hand tied behind his back. But he's not as good as Micky Adams, so there's your benchmark.

And he was manager with us in the third tier - so at least get your facts straight before you get on the wrong side of the argument (great phrase [MENTION=481]Voroshilov[/MENTION]) again.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I don't understand your first sentence. If he is a good Championship manager, why is that the reason TB sacked him?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:facepalm:

Let the records show he took Cardiff City to eighth in the Championship with one hand tied behind his back. But he's not as good as Micky Adams, so there's your benchmark.

And he was manager with us in the third tier - so at least get your facts straight before you get on the wrong side of the argument (great phrase [MENTION=481]Voroshilov[/MENTION]) again.

As I said every team that he ,managed were in the lower divisions in fact in 2008/9 we finished 16th, not awe inspiring We are now a championship side so it could be argued that were one in the making when he was here although it was over a year later before we were promoted. His record as a manager is lower and he has achieved less than MA but you being the font of all knowledge on BHA wouldnt appreciate that. I dont know why we need other supporters with opinions when we have you to provide all the answers.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
BG binfest aside, I love SALDE.

He seems like one of the good guys and he'll always be a hero for keeping us up when we looked doomed for League 2. We may well not be where we are as a club now had he not managed that.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You have done nothing it is the pompous know alls that have jumped on the band wagon as usual not allowing anybody an opinion.

So with Charlton in League 1 next season that isn't about his level! In the space of 45 minutes you have completely contradicted yourself. You cant make this stuff up! :lolol:

You have contradicted yourself, and when others point it out, you call them pompous know alls. Other people are also allowed an opinion, without resorting to name calling.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
You have done nothing it is the pompous know alls that have jumped on the band wagon as usual not allowing anybody an opinion.
No bandwagon jumping here (barring the hilarious left back joke I made earlier, obviously) but have a look through your own replies as well as others, they tend to read as if they're offering facts over opinions.

Anyway, ignoring that, I don't see what's relevant about RS previously only really managing lower league clubs. Some managers out there (Martin O'Neill, Sam Allardyce and Warnock spring to mind) spend a fair chunk managing 'lesser' teams before going on to better things and showing they can be more.

RS has hardly squandered his chance in the Championship, so why should he be considered less?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here