Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
what will they do if what he said is true. He is black no disputing that and not a racist comment just fact and running round could have made him sweat so BO comes to the fore.

You do understand the inference is that he stinks because he is black and that is racist. Can’t imagine that Bong would lie.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
what will they do if what he said is true. He is black no disputing that and not a racist comment just fact and running round could have made him sweat so BO comes to the fore.

I thought these types of misjudged comments were a part of history and consigned to the bin when Love Thy Neighbour was taken off the TV.

So by BGs logic calling someone a black bast*** is nit racist either.

:facepalm:

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
This is for sure one of those 'what were you thinking' moments. What a total idiot if he said that.HUUUUUGE ban is the only answer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Truly remarkable. 2018 is only two weeks old but we already have a contender for Quote of the Year.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I find the tone of a lot of the comments about this shocking. There is absolutely no reason not to believe GB when he says he was racially abused.

BG’s comment is the worst offender (no surprise there) but there are plenty of “if he said it/might have mis-heard it” comments. No wonder people are reluctant to report things.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
watching that video I reckon GB might have misheard. Looking at JR's reactions looks like he said 'ya breath stinks'. Best to ban him for the season just in case though.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
from the article...

The clash took place near the corner flag with no one else in the immediate vicinity so verifying exactly what was said is likely to prove difficult.

The 28-year-old’s version of events is understood to be that he used the words “your breath stinks” to Bong as he pinched his nose.

I can see this being an allegation 'not proved'. It's basically "he said/no I didn't"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

That is a bit Trumpite

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I find the tone of a lot of the comments about this shocking. There is absolutely no reason not to believe GB when he says he was racially abused.

BG’s comment is the worst offender (no surprise there) but there are plenty of “if he said it/might have mis-heard it” comments. No wonder people are reluctant to report things.

I think only two comments so far have been deplorable and misguided at best. The other comments you refer to I believe to be taking an 'innocent until proven guilty' line which I would imagine you would be happy with. Yes, there is no reason to disbelieve GB but there is also no need for a witch hunt either.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
So what you are saying is, people referring to somebody white that smells would say "You are white, and you stink"!

No they would just quote "you smell" why the need to use the term White or Black!
Absolutely this. There would be no need to refer to a persons ethnicity unless it was for the purpose of being derogatory in this case. IF it happened.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

This.

It’s as if this is another Albion’s forum!

If Bong said he heard the slur, we should believe him and back him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think only two comments so far have been deplorable and misguided at best. The other comments you refer to I believe to be taking an 'innocent until proven guilty' line which I would imagine you would be happy with. Yes, there is no reason to disbelieve GB but there is also no need for a witch hunt either.

It doesn't help that James McClean is whipping up the Baggies fans on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/JamesMcC_14/status/952500894486024192

[tweet]952500894486024192[/tweet]

Argus

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/158...driguez_for__unforgiveable__words/?ref=twtrec

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
one of the nicest m
blokes he knows goes round telling folk their breath stinks. He must know some charmers.

Jul 7, 2003
I hope jay rod did not say this. As if he did, he was being racist.

It is easy to misunderstand what people say - hopefully this is what as happened. I can't believe anyone would say that in front of cameras..

I had an issue yesterday at the game. The older gentleman next to me appeared to say something about Bong which would have been more offensive that Rodriguez is alleged to have said. I wasn't 100% sure I had heard correctly so had to give him the benefit of the doubt. If I had been totally sure, I would have had no hesitation in reporting him to the line of stewards / police that were close by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here