Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First official signing by the albion - ****confirmed by email****

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Dear Supporter

We have the great pleasure of revealing Harveys R, a new regular brew by Harveys Brewery.
Harveys R is an extremely refreshing, well balanced beer. Ruby in colour, it has a slightly hoppy aroma with pleasant bitterness on the palate, which combined with our own spring water and yeast strain help ensure that the brew has the distinctive Harveys character.
Harveys R has been created to appeal not only to a younger cask ale demographic, but also to a growing market that are looking for moderation in their drinking.
Click here for more information about Harveys R.

Works for me..... Will definitely do a job!!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Is this being brewed exclusivly for the Amex or will it be served elsewhere too?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Sorry guys, couldn't help myself, but wanted to get in there before Ernest or ROTR got there :)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Be interesting to see what the club/Harveys turf it out at. Beers at 2.8% or below pay allot less in tax bucks so I'm lead to believe.

It's very difficult to produce a beer of that strength that actually tastes of anything (Harvey struggle at the best of times!!....sorry couldn't resist). There was an interesting article in the last BEER magazine for those of you who are CAMRA members, even one of the brewers in there commented that his low ABV beer tasted allot better with a gin in it.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
2.8%? That's just a cost saving exercise if ever there was one as it's half the grain needed than an average strength beer. I wonder if it will be a cheaper pint? Probably not. ££££

D

Deleted member 18477

Well thats promotion guaranteed... Thanks Barber.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Be interesting to see what the club/Harveys turf it out at. Beers at 2.8% or below pay allot less in tax bucks so I'm lead to believe.

Base rate (per hectolitre percent alcohol) for >2.8% is about 40% of the rate for the 2.8-7.5% band. It is a very significant difference which pretty much ensures that you aren't going to see many 3.0%s around.

Last edited:

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
More important is whether they are going to provide 3 bitters, Haveys, Harveys R and a guest bitter and how much will they be?

As usual BAHA announcements only provide half the information. Under a bushel?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Forget signing any players - it's the beer that counts.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here