Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mi.ke Dean’s gestures to Albion fans yesterday

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd love to know how this isn't a red card.

Muzza-foul2.gif

Muzza-foul3.gif

2 feet off the ground, not in control, excessive force, through the back of the player, intent; it pretty much ticks all your red card boxes (apart from inspect injury after tackle to judge what card it merits). I see Stephen's yelling in the background, expect he had a few words to say in Dean's ear.

D

Deleted member 2719

As much as i think the guy is a totally Dick, i actually find it funny, it's good to see banter can still happen in the modern world of corporate football.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I just think people who are offended by that gesture just shouldn't be at football matches, perhaps croquet is more there scene.

Who is offended? Not seen anyone say that.

Plenty would love to see an over zealous application of rules against him though, that would be a delicious sense of irony.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I'd love to know how this isn't a red card.

Muzza-foul2.gif

Muzza-foul3.gif

Absolute shocker of a decision. Wasn't highlighted on MOTD at all and I don't remember thinking it was that bad at the game. Then again it was half a pitch away and not right in front of me like that **** Mike Dean. Tosser.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
I just think people who are offended by that gesture just shouldn't be at football matches, perhaps croquet is more there scene.
i too think its funny and i am not remotely offended by it ... if Murray had done it to him after that tackle he may well seen red[emoji16] inappropriate behaviour ... resign!

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

You say this assuming croquet is a gentil game but quite the contrary. I dislike enormously because people are always getting HAMMERED! (Ow yes, get in there!!) :)

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I thought his actions were stupid irrespective of baiting from the terraces. I mentor young referees and you teach them to rise above the negativity around you and focus on your game. By the very nature of the game you will make decisions that teams and spectators will disagree with, but as long as you call it as you see it then that it is all the can be expected of you. You are not there to 'play up' to your audience, otherwise you will leave yourself with problems. I thought his arm raising in response to being called a banker was stupid enough, but then to immediately high five his assistant was crass. I know we all enjoy a bit of banter but you need to chose your times wisely and he was far from wise.

For me it summed up what most people think about him.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
That is the clearest red I have seen for some time (the Watford thug on Knocky) how that complete c**t can award just yellow defies belief, to make that complete f**k up of a decision at Riverside and then to not punish after another of our players is on the receiving end of that assault confirms our belief that the Shyster is biased against our club and should not be allowed to f**k up any more of our matches, I say f**k up as that c**t does not referee our games, just f**ks them up!!
Two appalling decisions of course, but both ended up benefitting us. Obviously there was a lot of heartache after the Middlesbrough game. But I wouldn't have missed last season for anything. And on Saturday, if Fernandez had been sent off, someone else would have been marking Murray a minute later, and almost certainly wouldn't have left Knockaert's cross. So, thank you Mi.ke Dean😀

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Difficult to see in the second picture, but in slow motion he didn't seem to lead with his studs, so it would just be a booking for me.

Please don't become a referee. Mid air lunge from behind with both feet, not in control. It's a red for about 3-4 different reasons.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm not sure about him having had that good a game either.

- Tackle on GM should have been a red card.
- AK pulled down in the box should have been a penalty.
- Overruled the lino to give a corner.

There insist no way that was a pen. AK just fell over.

Agree on the other two points though.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Always amuses me how we fans think its OK to abuse a player or ref and then we are outraged when they react. 3000 fans chanting at Dean that he is a wanker and he responds with a bit of humour - so what? The consensus is that he refereed the game fairly, so perhaps he is professional enough to respond to a bit of 'banter' (read 'abuse', imagine the outrage on this board if 3000 away fans were chanting homophobic 'banter' at the Amex) and do his job.

Good for him

Ah....not quite 3000....no one around me was baiting Dean. Most considered the abuse ill-timed and unnecessary. Why give the individual the oxygen of publicity. He clearly thrives on it and was looking for it. Those that resorted to it massaged his ego. It would have been far more effective for 2000 people to hold up red cards in complete silence.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
There insist no way that was a pen. AK just fell over.

Agree on the other two points though.

He was grabbing/pulling on his arm in the box, that's a pen, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here