Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st PL game. It's going to be Arsenal at home, isn't it .

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can we have Sunderland. I appreciate they aren't in the league but they didn't win a premier league game in August or September for something stupid like 5 years.

Do we have some sort of invitational wild card we can use?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
womanrunner2a.jpg

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Knowing our luck it'll be Palace at home first up! They would be w*nking themselves silly if that happens thinking they can ruin our big day!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Newcastle away

Could be wrong but I've not known two promoted or relegated sides to start against each other.

The one thing that normally happens is a slight weighting towards teams closer in the alphabet in the opening batch.

I suspect Arsenal, Chelsea or Everton will be in the first five somewhere.

Or Crystal Palace. Or... anyway. Something like that.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Could be wrong but I've not known two promoted or relegated sides to start against each other.

The one thing that normally happens is a slight weighting towards teams closer in the alphabet in the opening batch.

I suspect Arsenal, Chelsea or Everton will be in the first five somewhere.

Or Crystal Palace. Or... anyway. Something like that.

Charlton and Man City played each other when both newly-promoted a few years ago. Well, quite a long time ago, in fact. But it does happen.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This. always seemed to be West Ham away at a sunny Upton Park as the opening fixture, so if we get our special request its going to be them at home (1-1 draw as usual). For my Man Utd dullard friends I've gone for Bournemouth or Hudds away.

West Ham at Upton Park was our opening fixture in 1981-82 but I can't remember it happening before or since.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Burnley away live on Sky on Monday night

Not sure if thats tongue in cheek, but the first MNF Sky do this season will certainly NOT be what is on paper one of the dullest fixtures in the entire calendar. They'll want to kick off with more of a bang than that.

I'd be happy with a home game and something that definitely keeps us at 3pm on the Saturday. Swansea or West Brom, something like that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
ENGLISH DIV 1 (OLD) 18 Aug 1979
Brighton 0 - 4 Arsenal

ENGLISH DIV 1 (OLD) 16 Aug 1980
Brighton 2 - 0 Wolves

ENGLISH DIV 1 (OLD) 29 Aug 1981
West Ham 1 - 1 Brighton

ENGLISH DIV 1 (OLD) 28 Aug 1982
Brighton 1 - 1 Ipswich

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Don't Man Utd always get a promoted team at home to start off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here