Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Mayor Sadiq Kahn

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Based on what?
Saying he wants to sort out a good trade deal for both countries when the UK leaves the EU. He is half British, as his mother is Scottish, and he has said many times about his fondness for this country.

I have even heard that he has put back the statue of Winston Churchill to the Oval office, after Obama took it out.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Sadiq Kahn says "This sickening act has nothing to do with the Islam I know" When will he recognise that there is a world wide problem with the religion he professes to follow! Abu Sayyaf; Al-Itihaad; Al-Qaeda; Al-Shabaab; Boko Haram; Darul Islam (Indonesia); Gerakan Mujahidin; Hamas; Hezbollah; ISIS the Taliban the list of islamist groups world wide goes on. All they are intent on doing is destroying our freedoms and democracy any way they can so that Islam holds sway over the whole world!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey, the Sadiq Khan Appreciation Society out in full force.
I will have to re-examine my position. I thought he was an odious little slimeball who campaigned vigorously to allow certain extremely undesirable individuals into this country and shared platforms with others who were guilty of inciting racial hatred. Clearly, I have been guilty of misunderstanding our worthy and esteemed Mayor.

Yes. Yes you have. FFS. :wozza::facepalm:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Saying he wants to sort out a good trade deal for both countries when the UK leaves the EU. He is half British, as his mother is Scottish, and he has said many times about his fondness for this country.

I have even heard that he has put back the statue of Winston Churchill to the Oval office, after Obama took it out.

I was referring more to the second sentence.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sadiq Kahn says "This sickening act has nothing to do with the Islam I know" When will he recognise that there is a world wide problem with the religion he professes to follow! Abu Sayyaf; Al-Itihaad; Al-Qaeda; Al-Shabaab; Boko Haram; Darul Islam (Indonesia); Gerakan Mujahidin; Hamas; Hezbollah; ISIS the Taliban the list of islamist groups world wide goes on. All they are intent on doing is destroying our freedoms and democracy any way they can so that Islam holds sway over the whole world!

There's a lot of football hooligan groups. Being a football fan doesn't mean I endorse their views or acts.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
There's a lot of football hooligan groups. Being a football fan doesn't mean I endorse their views or acts.

I was'nt saying he does - but the problem is with Islam and that means Islam needs to sort it out! If he recognised that, at least that would be a start!

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I was'nt saying he does - but the problem is with Islam and that means Islam needs to sort it out! If he recognised that, at least that would be a start!

It isn't all of Islam though is it just as the problem with football hooliganism isn't reflected by all football fans. That's the point TSB was making.

It's a number of f**king lunatics reading their holy texts in a way that justifies the killing of innocents.

When you lump them all in one "some of them do horrible things so they must all be wankers" it just comes across as ignorant.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

He does. Which, as an influential Muslim in society, he took the opportunity to tell other Muslims that this attack does not represent the faith he (and they) believes in.
The more prominent and influential leaders speak out of their outrage, the more the message might just get through.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am supporting Teresa May however I will stick up for the Mayor of London who was voted in by the residents of London and we are democracy so Fxxk off Trump.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He does. Which, as an influential Muslim in society, he took the opportunity to tell other Muslims that this attack does not represent the faith he (and they) believes in.
The more prominent and influential leaders speak out of their outrage, the more the message might just get through.

....but too many prominent leaders at a local level are still remaining silent and allowing free rein within mosques for pressure to be put on the immature and vulnerable. The real work has to start at ground level.

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't support Sadiq Khan because I don't support Labour, and I certainly don't support the political correctness that goes on around the religion, however what I will say is that I consider him as a proper British Muslim, we need more Muslims like this, not the ones who take their faith so seriously they end up shutting themselves off and only living in Muslim communities under Muslim rules, and then go on to hate us.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
....but too many prominent leaders at a local level are still remaining silent and allowing free rein within mosques for pressure to be put on the immature and vulnerable. The real work has to start at ground level.

But we know that both the Manchester attacker and these were reported to the police by their own community (including their own family in Abedi's case). We also know they were asked to stay away from their local mosques. The Muslim council of GB has persistently condemned the attacks, there have been several fatwas issued against bombers saying they're anti-Islam, there have been many marches by Muslims .... it's hard to see what more can be done.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Its taken 18 years but finally someone gets it.

4352123-looney-tunes_0.jpg

I thought it was bleeding obvious, but maybe not:)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
But we know that both the Manchester attacker and these were reported to the police by their own community (including their own family in Abedi's case). We also know they were asked to stay away from their local mosques. The Muslim council of GB has persistently condemned the attacks, there have been several fatwas issued against bombers saying they're anti-Islam, there have been many marches by Muslims .... it's hard to see what more can be done.

Well it clearly isn't enough. The message isn't getting through. There are 3 million Muslims out there in the UK ( and growing fast ) and too many are too passive. They can issue as many fatwas as they like but until they start carrying them through to their conclusion, nobody will take a blind bit of notice.
THESE PEOPLE ARE KILLING OUR CHILDREN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here