Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Sussex boys' song

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Bollocks. I stand about six seats along from them and I can hear the left side when they start singing. That simply isn't true.
Bollox to you pal, i stand and sing with both sides and you are wrong, and when we are all having a beer together before and after the match it is discussed.... Mmm a bit like we discuss the dick heads on here and you being one of em...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bollox to you pal, i stand and sing with both sides and you are wrong, and when we are all having a beer together before and after the match it is discussed.... Mmm a bit like we discuss the dick heads on here and you being one of em...

I know what I hear, and I can hear both sides singing. I'm not necessarily even saying the police box lot are worse for it than the left side, it's just that they are the closest to me so they are the ones I hear the most. Time and time again there are two different songs going on in the North, one from the left and one from the right, and to say that neither side can hear the other and so can't all join in together is simply not true.

I also thought that the general consensus from the police box lot was that it hadn't worked them being up there last season? I'm sure the Judge came on here and said that. So why didn't they move? I don't know why they don't relocate to the South, that would be superb for everyone, two genuine singing stands would be fantastic, and they could then have their exclusive group together without it being detriment to the atmosphere in the North. To have two stands competing against each other would be much better than to have two halves of one stand doing it.

I quite like the fact I'm being discussed after games though, I'm touched.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
I know what I hear, and I can hear both sides singing. I'm not necessarily even saying the police box lot are worse for it than the left side, it's just that they are the closest to me so they are the ones I hear the most. Time and time again there are two different songs going on in the North, one from the left and one from the right, and to say that neither side can hear the other and so can't all join in together is simply not true.

I also thought that the general consensus from the police box lot was that it hadn't worked them being up there last season? I'm sure the Judge came on here and said that. So why didn't they move? I don't know why they don't relocate to the South, that would be superb for everyone, two genuine singing stands would be fantastic, and they could then have their exclusive group together without it being detriment to the atmosphere in the North. To have two stands competing against each other would be much better than to have two halves of one stand doing it.

I quite like the fact I'm being discussed after games though, I'm touched.
I do believe you are touched, on that we agree..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
May I suggest if you plan on getting an atmosphere with this then change the first line, trying to fit Brighton & Hove Albion in a 4 syllable line is just messy, can't 'Oh Albion' just do?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I sit just to the left of the police box and there is DEFIANTLY a divide in songs, it sounds AWFUL! And it doesn't help when some of the little herbets start swearing and shouting at people around them.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And which one of you lot thought it was a good idea to sing " no one likes us we don't care ? " :wozza:
I thought I heard that but dismissed the idea as being impossible...

The Police Box idiots were in fine form last night. Their insistence on singing "new" songs that no-one else wants to sing is getting beyond a joke.

If they put as much energy into singing the songs that the rest of the North and WSU are waiting to join in with then the atmosphere would be amazing. Imagine if there was a continuous stream of chants being started in the NW corner of the type people like joining in with...? They wouldn't all go round the stadium but many would and especially when the game is going OK...

Albion, Albion
Albion, Albion, Albion
We are Brighton
GOSBTS
Hark now hear the Brighton sing!
Der, der, der, der, der, der, der... BRIGHTON!!!
Going down Old Shoreham Road
Sami Hyypia's Blue & White Army
Seagulls! Seagulls!
Give us a "B-ee-ee..!
We're by far the greatest team
Come on Brighton
Na, na, na, whey-hey, BrightnoveAlbion

etc etc etc

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I thought I heard that but dismissed the idea as being impossible...

The Police Box idiots were in fine form last night. Their insistence on singing "new" songs that no-one else wants to sing is getting beyond a joke.

If they put as much energy into singing the songs that the rest of the North and WSU are waiting to join in with then the atmosphere would be amazing. Imagine if there was a continuous stream of chants being started in the NW corner of the type people like joining in with...? They wouldn't all go round the stadium but many would and especially when the game is going OK...

Albion, Albion
Albion, Albion, Albion
We are Brighton
GOSBTS
Hark now hear the Brighton sing!
Der, der, der, der, der, der, der... BRIGHTON!!!
Going down Old Shoreham Road
Sami Hyypia's Blue & White Army
Seagulls! Seagulls!
Give us a "B-ee-ee..!
We're by far the greatest team
Come on Brighton
Na, na, na, whey-hey, BrightnoveAlbion

etc etc etc

There is only one way to get songs going and that's to keep singing them so people can get used to them. I remember the same crowd singing "who's that man etc" at Forest a couple of years ago and that finally took off. Watford away Saturday I expect to hear the new songs as well as the already established ones, a couple of new songs are beginning to sound good.

Last edited:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
May I suggest if you plan on getting an atmosphere with this then change the first line, trying to fit Brighton & Hove Albion in a 4 syllable line is just messy, can't 'Oh Albion' just do?

Must agree that would sound better.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well you all have a problem with us...were just trying to get some atmosphere back into to the amex....whats wrong with that????

You're missing the point. There's nothing wrong with that at all, what people have an issue with is the divide in the stand you cause by not singing the songs that are started by the other side. It's great that you're singing new songs, some of them are great, some of them are shit, but they shouldn't be to the detriment of the atmosphere.

I'm intrigued by the fact I'm being called a keyboard warrior because I don't go up and remonstrate with 50 people in a football stadium. I'd happily have a chat with any of you, I just want what I assume everyone wants, which is a better atmosphere in the Amex.

And for what it's worth, apart from the ridiculous and divisive 'no-one likes us' chant, I thought you were good last night.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Who started the "we're Brighton and Hove Albion, we still play in blue" chant then? Now THAT had the desired effect. Simple, a bit naughty and briefly woke the Cardiff up from their slumbers.

Thought the atmosphere was good last night. That wasn't the only chant that went all the way round to the West and Stockdale commented on twitter that the players noticed the noise was better. When it did go a bit quiet the Sussex Boys song filled in nicely and seemed to spread a bit.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I sit a few seats to the left of them and find they do make a good atmosphere. However, they do try to sing another song when the other side starts one or join in right at the end so its only them singing. And the sussex boys song is good but they do milk it a bit.

Also the no one likes us chant was because no one was joining in with the we're the north stand chant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here