Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] How non-Muslims engage with child abuse

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Harry Wilson's tackle;8555471Not that I have [B said:
any [/B]time for Islam or any other religion. Islam and Catholicism highest on my list of disain.
YOU ARE A COMPLETE ****** JACKASS

Last edited by a moderator:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They are simply bad people doing bad things for personal gratification. Absolutely, those inferences will have contributed to their ability to justify their actions to themselves, but I simply can't accept that a gang of blokes who (typically) hang about drinking, gambling, drug-taking, as well as targeting local girls, are actually driven by a desire to follow Qu'ran teachings.

I can’t help but agree to an extent although I do think some people who follow such extreme versions of religion do believe in it with their very soul. But paedophiles will use any landscape to justify their crimes.

I suppose I’m just asking questions. The only real conclusion I can come to, across the board with paedophiles is that I can never put myself in their mindset because that sort of thing is just so alien to me and my desires or moral code.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can’t help but agree to an extent although I do think some people who follow such extreme versions of religion do believe in it with their very soul.

The people that have been described in the grooming gang cases, are definitely not those that you describe.

They drink. They take drugs. They gamble. They make money pimping these girls out to their associates.

You really can't hold the position that these people are abusing these girls out of strict following of a book's teachings, whilst they are engaging in a whole load of other activities that are completely at odds with other decrees set out in the same book.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Not an argument but an interesting point of history that Georgian and Victorian London had a significant problem with grooming gangs. Many of them in immigrant communities. It’s mentioned in a few books I’ve read.
In reading about past times you get the idea that there really aren’t many new crimes or perversions under the sun. The human brain has been fundamentally the same for millions of years and our motivations are still the same although the methods change and adapt.

Thankfully attitudes have changed for the better over the years as this page from a Rotherham local paper from 1975 illustrates .
Note that the girl felt the need to apologize to the court for causing trouble .

Attachments

• roth.jpg
    roth.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 53

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Thankfully attitudes have changed for the better over the years as this page from a Rotherham local paper from 1975 illustrates .
Note that the girl felt the need to apologize to the court for causing trouble .

Eh.... Are you sure...

We stopped using shillings in 1971, I can see some older folks would still call or use the term shillings for several years but young kids would't surely.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
A quick scan, and nothing shows its as real paper article or factual story. Would be interesting to discover where it is from.

Obituary: Professor Alan Usher

Alan Usher, forensic pathologist: born Chester-le-Street, Co Durham 21 June 1930; Lecturer in Forensic Pathology, Sheffield University 1961- 64, Senior Lecturer 1964-78, Professor of Forensic Pathology 1978-90 (Emeritus); Consultant Home Office Pathologist 1964-90; Senior Police Surgeon to South Yorkshire Police Force 1964-90; OBE 1980; married 1958 Doreen Stephenson (three sons, one daughter); died Sheffield 31 July 1998.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/obituary-professor-alan-usher-1172806.html

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Eh.... Are you sure...

We stopped using shillings in 1971, I can see some older folks would still call or use the term shillings for several years but young kids would't surely.

He said that the article is from 1975. That doesn't mean that the accounts given in it were not from a little earlier.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Eh.... Are you sure...

75 iish , I would have been given 10 bob pocket money . My parents would still use old money terms . My Nan wouldn't go out shopping without her Ready Reckoner until she passed away .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here