Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What would be your starting 11 v Watford (opening game)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan
Bruno Dunk Balogun
Schelotto Stephens Bissouma Suttner
Jahanbakhsh Gross
Murray​

Balance. Danger. Goals.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Knowing Hewoughton , I don’t think it’ll be far off last seasons team .

I doubt he’ll throw in too many new boys to an away trip . He’ll go with what he trusts .

Unless one of the new singings really rips it up in Pre season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is right. Perhaps Bernado? I’d expect Murray to start and then Andone / Ali to come on at some stage but let’s see. We are going to have a very strong bench.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Ryan

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Jahanbakhsh
Propper
Stephens
Izqueirdo

Gross
Murray

Unless we’ve got new world beaters, stick with the tried and tested (bar Ali). Get the new lads on second half depending on how the game goes. Don’t throw them straight into their first prem game, we saw what happened to Davy.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m gong to come at it from a ‘likely’ starting XI based on our manager’s way of thinking... so i’m thinking about Chris thinking in the third person ermmm yeah Chris Hughton likes that... etc. People may remember, Micky Adams was great at thinking and talking in the third person... I digress... sorry...

Going by the ‘tried and tested’ Hughtang mantra, I suspect his opening hand will be very conservative:

I also think Chris writes his teamsheet a little differently, based on his ‘first name on the teamsheet’ way of thinking thusly:

(If fit)

Murray,
Dunk,
Gross,
Duffy,
Ryan,
Stephens,
Bruno,
Bong,
Propper,
Knocky,
March.

That’s how I think this season may begin. It’s not the team I would pick, but I can see why he would. Nearly every above player will know who’s sitting on the bench... waiting for any opportunity to claim that shirt.

Maximum effort guaranteed, something Chris thrives on; the good old 110%.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ryan

Greyhound dunk Duffy Bernardo
knockaert propper Bissouma stephens jahan
Andone

Controversial but I would leave out gross .
Ok , that probably means I’m mental
But I like the balance of that eleven

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Don’t throw them straight into their first prem game, we saw what happened to Davy.

That was more necessity though, as Kayal was injured v Atletico. I agree though, don't throw all the newbies in from the front...I can see one or two, but no more than that.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ryan

Greyhound dunk Duffy Bernardo
knockaert propper Bissouma stephens jahan
Andone

Controversial but I would leave out gross .
Ok , that probably means I’m mental
But I like the balance of that eleven

Absolutely mental, contemptible, insane.

I love it.

I don’t usually leave the asylum at night, but this is a lineup i’d pay to see right ****ing now.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Jesus we need a starting 15 to even get close to getting all my first teamers in! Chris is going to have a migraine choosing who to play! This is looking on paper as a superb squad. Hats off the everyone who has contributed to assembling this squad. Has there been ever been a better time to be a fan!!?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
Jahanbakhsh-Stephens-Propper-Izquierdo
Gross
Murray​

Subs: Button, Knockaert, Balogun, Bissouma, Andone, Bernardo, Locadia

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My hunch is Knockaert and March will start given Izquierdo and Jahanbakhsh will be a little behind in their pre-season due to returning late from the World Cup.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My hunch is Knockaert and March will start given Izquierdo and Jahanbakhsh will be a little behind in their pre-season due to returning late from the World Cup.

Those two would probably be better suited away from home to start.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Rather than the eleven who would start lm trying to figure out what is the strongest starting eleven if everyone was fit! It's difficult!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Jesus we need a starting 15 to even get close to getting all my first teamers in! Chris is going to have a migraine choosing who to play! This is looking on paper as a superb squad. Hats off the everyone who has contributed to assembling this squad. Has there been ever been a better time to be a fan!!?

Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
Jahanbakhsh-Stephens-Propper-Izquierdo
Gross
Murray​

Subs: Button, Knockaert, Balogun, Bissouma, Andone, Bernardo, Locadia

That 18 is absolutely outrageous. Think Bernardo starts for Bong but other than that think you’re right.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Knowing Hewoughton , I don’t think it’ll be far off last seasons team .

I doubt he’ll throw in too many new boys to an away trip . He’ll go with what he trusts .

Unless one of the new singings really rips it up in Pre season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stop it......

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Does anybody think we may change formation? Two games behind closed doors already, and another one to follow next week. Could Chris be trying something different away from prying eyes?

Just a thought.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here