Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Nobody signs up to be 4th choice CB or third choice GK. They expect to compete for the top place and with our manager they know they will get a fair chance. I am sure that is why Tim Krul signed, knowing he would get a fair crack.
Remember Connor Goldson replacing Gordon Greer, Club captain and stalwart couldn’t get his place back?
It’s all about competition for places. I know it’s boring but that’s the way it is. The more we have competing the better it is. I think.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nobody signs up to be 4th choice CB or third choice GK. They expect to compete for the top place and with our manager they know they will get a fair chance. I am sure that is why Tim Krul signed, knowing he would get a fair crack.
Remember Connor Goldson replacing Gordon Greer, Club captain and stalwart couldn’t get his place back?
It’s all about competition for places. I know it’s boring but that’s the way it is. The more we have competing the better it is. I think.

By the time Goldson replaced Greer he was slow and becoming a liability. It was the right time if not he should had gone the season before.

Big difference is both Dunk and Duffy are 26 years old and improving. It will be very hard to take either of there places but not entirely impossible.. Put it this way, Highly rated Goldson couldn't do it.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

By the way Java.

We signed Greer from Swindon. A key defender for them at the time. We got promoted that year and they went down.

We did it again with Duffy. A key defender for Blackburn and the same outcome happened. We went up and poor Rovers went down.

Football can be cruel at times

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
By the time Goldson replaced Greer he was slow and becoming a liability. It was the right time if not he should had gone the season before.

Big difference is both Dunk and Duffy are 26 years old and improving. It will be very hard to take either of there places but not entirely impossible.. Put it this way, Highly rated Goldson couldn't do it.
I have several friends out here in Spain who are avid Rangers fans. (Is there any other?) They are over the moon about him. They never cease to wind me up about "How did we let him go?"
My lame reply is "We didn't want to lose him and it will cost 15 million to replace him."
Let's be honest, he looked a star in the Championship, up there he looks like Van Diyk(sp).
Needless to say I now follow Rangers with some interest. Jamie Murphy looks a player at last.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have several friends out here in Spain who are avid Rangers fans. (Is there any other?) They are over the moon about him. They never cease to wind me up about "How did we let him go?"
My lame reply is "We didn't want to lose him and it will cost 15 million to replace him."
Let's be honest, he looked a star in the Championship, up there he looks like Van Diyk(sp).
Needless to say I now follow Rangers with some interest. Jamie Murphy looks a player at last.
Hope he does really well in Scotland. A very likable chap.

Myself i'm more interested in seeing our u23's develop when they go out on loan.

Anyway Rangers are not my Scottish team, Dundee Utd are :)

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
By the way Java.

We signed Greer from Swindon. A key defender for them at the time. We got promoted that year and they went down.

We did it again with Duffy. A key defender for Blackburn and the same outcome happened. We went up and poor Rovers went down.

Football can be cruel at times

We really should go for that Sakho. Even if he turns out crap, at least we relegated the selling club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agree re Goldson just a really good player.
But let’s not forget the level they are playing at, Murphy bound to look good at L1 or lower championship standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hope he does really well in Scotland. A very likable chap.

Myself i'm more interested in seeing our u23's develop when they go out on loan.

Anyway Rangers are not my Scottish team, Dundee Utd are :)

I'm a Montrose Nil fan myself, although they amazed me by winning promotion for about the first time in a million years last season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm a Montrose Nil fan myself, although they amazed me by winning promotion for about the first time in a million years last season.

Funny isn’t it, I like Albion Rovers for the obvious reason, they also never seemed to win until last few years, though I think they got relegated last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Blimey. He’s only played 2 competitive games. Against a team who were 4th last year in the Macedonian first division.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Blimey. He’s only played 2 competitive games. Against a team who were 4th last year in the Macedonian first division.
Good practice for the top Scottish division then. Although that's probably a slightly lower standard tbf.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

The correct response would have been we have 2 CBs that are even better than CG and we couldnt give him first team football.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, what are we waiting for? First rate 'poker' by TB, perhaps?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

lol @ 'looked a star in the Championship', Connor Goldson was a good player yes, but l'd hardly call him a star. All of these superlatives are used far too freely for my liking.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sam B + 10 M, Shirley?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
lol @ 'looked a star in the Championship', Connor Goldson was a good player yes, but l'd hardly call him a star. All of these superlatives are used far too freely for my liking.

Indeed. They're effectively playing League One level football, so yes, both Goldson and Murphy should look a cut above the majority of the rest.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really hope we get Moore. He is the one i want

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here