Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] suffragettes

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Not a revolution, but I have great respect for environmental protestors from Hunt Sabs, Twyford Down protestors, Greenpeace, etc. Often light years ahead of the crowd and politicians on massive issues that later come to the fore.

Really. Anyone who lives our side of Winchester would say Twyford Down was a brilliant piece of engineering. Of course you had to be around to experience what it was like before.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Not sure where the sexism viewpoint comes from, but I still can't be bothered to explain myself.

Maybe you just don't know what you are saying..... it was a joke so lighten up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
2 reasons.

1, you take a longer view of the future beyond your time on the planet.

2 Childlessness helps mediocre women have a head start, take Merkel and May for starters.

1) May I suggest binoculars are a better option to see further than having a child? Cheaper and less environmentally damaging.
2) Mediocre but the both still beat men....what does that say (other than you didn’t really think this through)?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not a revolution, but I have great respect for environmental protestors from Hunt Sabs, Twyford Down protestors, Greenpeace, etc. Often light years ahead of the crowd and politicians on massive issues that later come to the fore.

I used to drive buses to Greenham Common, years back, always meeting the ladies, who greeted us with cheers, jeers and flour bombs (also including broken glass and excrement), thrown at the bus.
Quite ingenious I thought :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really. Anyone who lives our side of Winchester would say Twyford Down was a brilliant piece of engineering. Of course you had to be around to experience what it was like before.

You must surely be joking?

It is an abysmal bit of civil engineering. The old Hockley link was a massive bottleneck and something had to be done - but the solution has been a complete disaster.

The protesters argued that the M3 route at Twyford Down should have been through a tunnel, to minimize environmental damage and visual impact. They have been proved completely correct.

The degree of the incline up the chosen route, over Twyford Down, is far too severe, causing a couple of miles of stationary traffic Northbound every single working morning, and Southbound every evening. The delays cost the economy far, far more than building the tunnel would have done, and we are left with a massive unsightly scar on the downs, for nothing.

:shrug:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
1) May I suggest binoculars are a better option to see further than having a child? Cheaper and less environmentally damaging.
2) Mediocre but the both still beat men....what does that say (other than you didn’t really think this through)?

Children dont damage the environment, governments do with bad regulation. We need more children for the next genereation. Its also self interest that makes people focus.

Politics is a profession for Mediaocracy, wether you are saying women excel at mediocrity especially childless ones would be my interpretation of your empty responses.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Politics is a profession for Mediaocracy, wether you are saying women excel at mediocrity especially childless ones would be my interpretation of your empty responses.

I’ve read this a few times, and grammar and misspellings aside, I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Don't turn back into an arse just when you have proven you aren't. :ffsparr:

of dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Right it's clear that you are a bit of a moron. Unlike yourself i'm not someone who's always desperate to get the last word, so i'm going to leave this little chat here, irrespective of whatever your cutting and oh so humorous witty comeback is. Having been on this board for approaching 20 years now I fully understand that tittish trolls like yourself are 10 a penny here.I cannot be bothered with you.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I’ve read this a few times, and grammar and misspellings aside, I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

Good because I dont have an idea of what I was replying to, along the lines of "children are bad so dont have any", this is the kind of purile nihilism you get from a 2 year old throwing a tantrum, give it a rest you pillock.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Right it's clear that you are a bit of a moron. Unlike yourself i'm not someone who's always desperate to get the last word, so i'm going to leave this little chat here, irrespective of whatever your cutting and oh so humorous witty comeback is. Having been on this board for approaching 20 years now I fully understand that tittish trolls like yourself are 10 a penny here.I cannot be bothered with you.

Im not ten a penny troll, Im sPeShUl you damn normie.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

Think you are mistaking yourself for me love!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here