Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic Leicester fans

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
bin dippers , monkey hangers , sheep shaggers , "town full of pack's" for luton , "town full of slags" for hull .......unfortunately it's the nature of the beast and i fully expect to get firmly put in my place but as others have said people are just too sensitive these days , the whole gender bias and sexual orientation debate has got ridiculously out of hand.....in my opinion , when you look at what's going on around the globe and what sections of our society are getting away with then i personally think that asking for people to be locked up for chanting at a football match is way ott......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
you'll never stop it just like they'll never stop any abuse hurled at away fans anywhere... I don't take any notice of it at the end of the day it's banter although some take offence it'll never be stopped just like the Liverpool and mancs having a pop over Munich etc etc

At the end of the day racist and homophobic chanting are illegal, not banter. It lands you in court.
Chanting about disasters is distasteful but not illegal.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
bin dippers , monkey hangers , sheep shaggers , "town full of pack's" for luton , "town full of slags" for hull .......unfortunately it's the nature of the beast and i fully expect to get firmly put in my place but as others have said people are just too sensitive these days , the whole gender bias and sexual orientation debate has got ridiculously out of hand.....in my opinion , when you look at what's going on around the globe and what sections of our society are getting away with then i personally think that asking for people to be locked up for chanting at a football match is way ott......

Spot on. We seem happy to respond with the chant of 'you're too ugly to be gay' which some would argue is homophobic chanting itself.

What winds me up is a small section of our support that give it the large, scream obscenities yet are the first to complain about abuse when they get it back.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We had a great day out starting at the Parcel Yard next door to the station and only partially marred by the quality
of the football. Most (99 % ?) Leicester and Brighton fans enjoyed the game and didn't hurl abuse at anyone. There was a tiny minority of attention seeking loudmouths on both sides who are best ignored.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm not defending it, not arguing for it or whatever, genuine question: What does it make you feel when you hear homophobic comments and chanting directed at you?
I'm not gay so it doesn't particularly offend me, I do get a bit of a feeling of "honestly, why are they getting away with it"? But beyond that it simply has no effect on me. What does it make others feel?

It's not right and it should be stopped.
But for me, I just think that the perpetrators are just hopelessly stupid.
It's old hat, it's boring, the vast majority of the away support is not gay.
They are ignorant and like in today's society, anything for a bit of hatred, bullying.
We should not rise to it with our song, boring boring Leicester, if any, would have been better.
You will always get idiots, but Leicester is a real sporting City, they love their teams and are very knowledgable, the football, the rugby and they had 3 times more fans than any other visiting team when the Leicester Riders played Plymouth Raiders in the BBL and that was a Sunday evening!!!
My guess is that most Leicester fans will be appalled at the behaviour of some of their fans.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm not defending it, not arguing for it or whatever, genuine question: What does it make you feel when you hear homophobic comments and chanting directed at you?
I'm not gay so it doesn't particularly offend me, I do get a bit of a feeling of "honestly, why are they getting away with it"? But beyond that it simply has no effect on me. What does it make others feel?

Agreed. Being gay is not a bad thing so therefore it's not the slightest bit insulting. I do object to the explicit sexual language though and wish the perpetrators would take their repressed homosexuality elsewhere. That said I am happy to completely ignore the language as well in the hope that one day they grow up and learn a bit of respect.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As a dad taking his kids to games I find this sort of language (and associated gestures) very uncomfortable. Not enough to deter me taking them but unpleasant all the same. Must be a truly crap experience for any gay folk targeted by this. You'd hope that this sort of stuff would have died out by now wouldn't you.

One day perhaps.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Spot on. We seem happy to respond with the chant of 'you're too ugly to be gay' which some would argue is homophobic chanting itself.

What winds me up is a small section of our support that give it the large, scream obscenities yet are the first to complain about abuse when they get it back.

Interesting, given Leicester'a population is 20% Muslim maybe that refrain should have been adapted to "you're too Islamic to be gay?".

Or, "we're not going on the roof with you".

If we are going to be subject to Premier League abuse, then just like our football team I think we need to be much sharper in our counter attacking play.....

I believe racism and homophobia is disgusting and unacceptable and if Liz Costa and the blue rinse brigade want to go screaming for a policeman then good on em.

However a lot of those making the most noise tend to sing the aforementioned songs, I find it bizarre that people will get so riled 30 seconds after singing about the opposing fans being on benefits or one that refers to their home town as a shlt ol

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Interesting, given Leicester'a population is 20% Muslim maybe that refrain should have been adapted to "you're too Islamic to be gay?".

Or, "we're not going on the roof with you".

If we are going to be subject to Premier League abuse, then just like our football team I think we need to be much sharper in our counter attacking play.....

I know I shouldn't but I laughed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
you'll never stop it just like they'll never stop any abuse hurled at away fans anywhere... I don't take any notice of it at the end of the day it's banter although some take offence it'll never be stopped just like the Liverpool and mancs having a pop over Munich etc etc
Just like they'll never stop the racist abuse, right? :facepalm:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

You only need to film the fans (police) and then go from there the next home match. CCTV ....What's it for then ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
bin dippers , monkey hangers , sheep shaggers , "town full of pack's" for luton , "town full of slags" for hull .......unfortunately it's the nature of the beast and i fully expect to get firmly put in my place but as others have said people are just too sensitive these days
They're not too sensitive, you're just a bit clueless about what being racist and homophobic is. I'm not sure you can see the difference between jokes like 'sheep shaggers' and homophobia.

i personally think that asking for people to be locked up for chanting at a football match is way ott......
Prosecuting people will make it stop. Thankfully we don't really have racist chanting here any more, and that has made a difference to people's lives.

We seem happy to respond with the chant of 'you're too ugly to be gay' which some would argue is homophobic chanting itself.
Who is arguing that that is homophobic? I'm quite interested to hear that argument, because I can't see it. It seems to be saying that gay people take pride in their appearance and look good. How the hell is that homophobic?

When you say 'give it large', you must mean being racist or homophobic or something, right? Surely you don't just mean legal chanting? :rolleyes:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So some of our fans can sing the cringe-worthy 'Leicester's a sh*t hole....' and then complain when a bit of stick comes back
No they don't. Show me one instance of where our fans have complained about getting stick. No, you can't. You're suggesting that homophobia is 'a bit of stick', which it clearly isn't.

If our town had a larger section ethnic minorities and an opposing team was chanting racist abuse instead, would you call that 'a bit of stick' too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here