Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aguero

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Interesting how often he positioned himself a good 5 yards offside for good amount of the time. He would then run from behind at speed, receive a hard hit ball in to feet to lay off to an oncoming team mate, creating space in process. Something you wouldn't be aware of unless watching live. We handled it most of the time but it's a very effective tactic.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Unbelievable that last season Guardiola had Aguero sat on the bench so he could come on as a late sub for Jesus. Put the two of them on the pitch at the same time as Ginger Kev, plus the back-four-that-cost-as-much-as-The-Amex-and-B&H's-entire-housing-stock, as they did yesterday, and you start to realise what an achievement that actually was for the Albion in their Premier League debut to hold them to 2-0. Talk about a baptism of fire!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Watching the whole team and their movements on and off the ball
There full backs were wingers and their midfield never stood still and weren't afraid to get in front of the top two
A great team and a joy to watch and we did an excellent job but great teams will beat you in the end
I enjoyed the whole game and it was an honour to witness it all

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Bordering on.... clearly within the rules but definite gamesmanship.

I see your point but I don't agree, I only see it as clever play. If the player is onside when the ball is played, I have no issue with it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Watching the whole team and their movements on and off the ball
There full backs were wingers and their midfield never stood still and weren't afraid to get in front of the top two
A great team and a joy to watch and we did an excellent job but great teams will beat you in the end
I enjoyed the whole game and it was an honour to witness it all

Felt very much like (for us oldies) watching the Harlem Globetrotters vs their latest poor sap fall guys - who were most probably very decent professional basketball players in their own sphere. All of the flicks and tricks they did yesterday, they had no fear of doing. If they didn't work first time, nobody yelled at them not to try the same thing or a similar thing a second time. Very much get the feeling in years to come it will feel like a privilege to have seen such a side in their formative period. And to have held them to 0-2.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thierry Henry used to do something far more exaggerated under a previous offside rule variation

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Very much like his father in law...Short stocky and strong on the ball. Although against brighton it was not the hand of god who cheated us but the hand of Jesus who nearly cheated us !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here