Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd recommend people stay away from it. People threaten to break your arms in there. Especially, it seems, if you mention a certain useless England penalty-taker is a Palace reject.

I recall a chap of Wesh heritage called Ceri having a bit of a to-do with our Wazza back in the 90s, but apart from that, the Mailing List is paradigm of good manners. Ceri and Warren are also both in *that* photo from the Cricketers :cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Typical monopolist. You'll be giving lessons to Trump next.

Darren has kept both forums going when both could have gone tits up, so he can have as much 'extra fries' as he likes as far as I am concerned - albeit he gets none. Sorry - your post made me instinctively protective and paternalistic. :facepalm::lolol::bigwave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
John Hawkins (of oop North?). Blimey!

Does anyone know when the Mailing List (not anonymous, still going) started?

I'm still here Doctor Mike ;-)

I think the Doug may not be Dougdeep but an old mate of mine who now spends most of his leisure time zooming around the globe taking pictures of steam engines. Not sure that he posts on here any more.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No wonder you spend 6 months of the year in Florida, drinking champagne out of your shoe.

Ha - if only!

As it turns out, taking on the mailing list was similar to what happened here - the person who started it didn't want to continue to fund it, so I took it over as I felt it too important to let go. The mailing list takes almost no time to maintain but does cost money and has no form of income.

NSC it just a monster in almost every regard.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
There was a time when [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] used to post the monthly incomings / outgoings of NSC and the hosting bill came to about £500pm if I recall - I wonder what it is now?

I only discovered NSC after it was mentioned on the very old Official Message Board. Soon after the 'new' NSC was formed apparently.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
There was a time when [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] used to post the monthly incomings / outgoings of NSC and the hosting bill came to about £500pm if I recall - I wonder what it is now?

I only discovered NSC after it was mentioned on the very old Official Message Board. Soon after the 'new' NSC was formed apparently.

He keeps it quiet for a reason.

Outgoings= £750 pm

Incomings= £250,000 pm

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I signed up on the opening day of the "new" NSC in 2003. At that time, 10 years would have seemed like a lifetime. Since then, 14 years have passed... Where does the time go?

Very odd thinking that there are teenagers browsing this website, that would find it difficult to imagine what life was like 14 years ago. Many of whom consider the likes of Gary Hart, Michel Kuipers and Danny Cullip part of childhood legend. The likes of Rod Thomas and Robbie Reinelt they would not even know at all, except only through their seniors. Peter Ward? The stuff of ancient legend, even to me.

Will NSC last forever? Probably not, it will eventually end as the social media giants consume it and the records are lost. Will these players be forgotten? Certainly to all but the historians, particularly as BHAFC continues to grow and all their records are broken and reputations superseded by our modern successes.

Time's a funny thing - the things that seem so significant at the moment, time will ultimately corrode into non-existence until it is forgotten completely. But perhaps that's why it's all the more important that we fully appreciate it, or them, during those moments in time; to give them the value that they deserve, as one day, like all of us, and everything, it will be forgotten completely.
Been drinking?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't believe he goes to games any more, but as far as I know he is still with us in a wider sense.
So Dougdeep hasn't been deep dug? Good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here