Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton After Knockaert?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It wasn't a throwaway comment though, was it.......it was an enquiry about whether he'd heard the rumour, and from the Stains' fan's point of view, a query about how he rated Knocky.

You have a mate? :wink:

Yup plenty. You have a view, I have a view shared by several on this thread. Let's leave it at that.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Yes he does. If someone comes in with a silly bid then why not sell.

If we take off the blue and white tinted specs for a minute, he is unproven in the top flight and was not totally consistent in the Championship.

I don't want to see him go but every player has his price and you have to remember that he is not even an international winger. The recruitment team will have a list of replacements as a contingency if needed.

I think if any player was consistent it was him. You don't score that many goals as a winger and win championship player of the season not being consistent.

You are right though, every player has a price.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can't see Knockaert going now or for a while - unless it was to a top-five club, or PSG. He has a real bond with Brighton. That doesn't mean unbreakable, relegation would threaten it, but he he's not leaving for the likes of Southampton. United/Arsenal/Spurs maybe, but I don't think that's likely, those clubs want players proven at top level.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can't see Knockaert going now or for a while - unless it was to a top-five club, or PSG. He has a real bond with Brighton. That doesn't mean unbreakable, relegation would threaten it, but he he's not leaving for the likes of Southampton. United/Arsenal/Spurs maybe, but I don't think that's likely, those clubs want players proven at top level.
An extra £20k a week might be tempting though......

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Next summer will be the acid test. If we go down then you have to think he'll want premier league football. If we stay up and he looks decent the bigger clubs might just come calling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should have solid him when we had the chance.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Crocked now. Worth nothing. :facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sell him quick.. he is injured

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here