Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A quick history lesson for you [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION], believe me this is actually funny and made me laugh outwardly, but not loud:-

[tweet]884118618820280320[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I was watching live on Eurospurt. The conversation about Aru's naughtiness was very funny. One fella was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but the other was having none of it, laughing as he observed that Aru had a good smell of Froome's armpit as he went past.

Porte dodged one there. He could easily have suffered a head, neck and;or spinal injury. Same for Dan Martin, that was like a brick wall he bounced off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So Sagan gets disqualified for allegedly taking out Cavendish, but nothing for Porte clearly cynically trying to take out Dan Martin!?
But, wow, that looked horrible!

I was watching live on Eurospurt. The conversation about Aru's naughtiness was very funny. One fella was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but the other was having none of it, laughing as he observed that Aru had a good smell of Froome's armpit as he went past.
Aru needs some lessons in being sneaky.
It was such a blatant cheap shot there's no way he could have expected to get away with it.

Aru ought to have made it harder for Froome to get back on then floored it the moment he did.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Froome 'doing a Sagan' on the next hairpin and ramming Aru into the crowd.
The 'oh sorry mate' gesture was priceless.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fair play to Aru, he hasn't got the most expensive team of cyclists riding for him that has ever been assembled...may as well give it a go on a puncture! :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With Demare going the same way as Sagan and Cav, I'm already looking forward to tomorrow and Boohoo finishing 7th.

Unless of course Boohoo has a mechanical and Aru instantly sprints past him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
With Demare going the same way as Sagan and Cav, I'm already looking forward to tomorrow and Boohoo finishing 7th.

Unless of course Boohoo has a mechanical and Aru instantly sprints past him.

Ooh you bitch :safeway: :lol:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Feel for Porte. I get the impression that he is one of those riders that the majority of the peleton respect. He was instrumental in stopping Aru attacking when Froome had his mechanical and I honestly think that he was the only real rider that had a chance of beating Froome.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Feel for Porte. I get the impression that he is one of those riders that the majority of the peleton respect.
At least he seems to be ok.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
At least he seems to be ok.

Agreed. When I saw the reply of the crash, and then saw him being taken off the mountain in a neck brace I feared the worse. Sean Kelly was saying how amazing it is that back in his day they used to ride without helmets. Dread to think what condition Porte would be in had he not had his helmet on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agreed. When I saw the reply of the crash, and then saw him being taken off the mountain in a neck brace I feared the worse.
Yeah I was watching it live and was a bit stunned, it was pretty nasty.
Sean Kelly was saying how amazing it is that back in his day they used to ride without helmets. Dread to think what condition Porte would be in had he not had his helmet on.
He'd be in less pain :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Feel for Porte. I get the impression that he is one of those riders that the majority of the peleton respect. He was instrumental in stopping Aru attacking when Froome had his mechanical and I honestly think that he was the only real rider that had a chance of beating Froome.

The saddest thing for Porte is that he was a serious contender here. We still don't know again now whether he's one of the best one week stage racers only, or whether he really can compete over three weeks without blowing up.

He was denied the chance last year because of crashes and mechanicals and now he's been denied again. Time might be running out for him now unfortunately and then we'll never know.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow been away on holiday - poor old G - I love that man.

Evil Kenieval of the cycling world, roll on the Alps though as the race proper is hotting up.

I wonder if G will be fit enough for the Vuelta.

He could compete in 3 Grand Tours in the time it takes to do one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The saddest thing for Porte is that he was a serious contender here. We still don't know again now whether he's one of the best one week stage racers only, or whether he really can compete over three weeks without blowing up.

He was denied the chance last year because of crashes and mechanicals and now he's been denied again. Time might be running out for him now unfortunately and then we'll never know.

The saddest thing is Froome lost 2 key domestiques on the same stage.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is it me, or does Thomas have more than his fair share of crashes? Bad luck, bad judgement, poor reading of situations, or bad luck????

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The saddest thing is Froome lost 2 key domestiques on the same stage.

You're not wrong. Not sure Porte will ever lose that mentally unfortunately.
Is it me, or does Thomas have more than his fair share of crashes? Bad luck, bad judgement, poor reading of situations, or bad luck????

Poor bike handling I'd say, simple as that I reckon. Far too many offs for it to just be bad luck.

How often does Sagan crash for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here