Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Losing your rag and ranting at a player

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Only once remember feeling really angry with our own player and that Akpom last year for complete lack of effort. I think most of the crowd felt the same.Or am I wrong?

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
Went absolutely mental at Stephen Dobbie a few seasons back when he messed up a 1 on 1 with the keeper in the last minute away at blackpool. Had to rein myself in when i remembered my 4 year old son was sitting next to me.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Trolley. Coventry away. It wasnt as if it was unexpected or unusual.

A perfect ball played into feet and a runner into space on the wing. In my mind I'd already seen how this could play out and started to get excited. Then he touched it. As ever, the ball balooned 6ft away and instead of a break on goal, the next action would be a tackle. I lost my shit at this point and launched a tirade of every name under the sun.

The only thing he was any good for was the phone in.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But yes, I was one of the hundreds launching abuse at him when the whole team deserved it in equal measure. Andy Whing was the only player out there that day that wasn't totally sub standard.

One of the most surreal away days ever, that MK Dons away. We were struggling in Div 1 but still took thousands away in that windy soul-less stadium. MK Dons fans in the home seats wearing Premier League tops - one Spurs fan in particular to our left sticks in my mind. The half-time entertainment of the mascots race was met with derision.

The 2 best bits of that game: the 15 minute rendition of "We're the left side...we're the right side" and then as you say our tribute to the great Andy Whing. He never was possessed of the greatest ability but he gave everything for us and he was rewarded at the end of the match with a rousing chorus of "At number 1 was Andy Whing...at number 2 was Andy Whing...."

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I remember an awful lot of of Brighton fans in the West Lower going mental at Kevin Nolan for the way he celebrated a goal against us. That was bizarre because no-one was giving him any grief before then. Also in West Lower was the fan who got very close to Brighton's dug-out when Sami was manager. That was a spectacular loss of temper. I think a lot of fans got pissed off with his habit of just sitting in his chair for the entire game as a passive observer. I know I was.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
No you didn't because he didn't kick the ref. Most of us didn't know what the red card was for, because the ref's movement was so insignificant. We thought it was for dissent at the time.

Oh sorry, let me re phrase it. When I thought Barnes had kicked the ref as the ref demonstrated his act to the shocked players around him, later confirmed by TV ? Is that better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh sorry, let me re phrase it. When I thought Barnes had kicked the ref as the ref demonstrated his act to the shocked players around him, later confirmed by TV ? Is that better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Barnes caught the back of the ref's heel, which caused the ref to send him off, because he thought Barnes had tried to trip him. It didn't show up on tv, but we saw what happened on Nsc because an opposition fan was filming it on his phone at the time.

Me and my my mate gave Adam Virgo a bit of grief up at Blackpool a few years ago, unfairly, I must add which resulted in fellow Albion fans turning on us and (on reflection, rightfully) having a go at us. We were proper plssed, I mean proper. It wasn't our finest hour. Apart from that I've never had a go at any of our players in forty years.

.......one other time was when a mate of mine took me to Chelsea v Everton, again well plssed I just spent the entire half calling Nigel Martyn a Palace reject, normally I would have been slung out or at the very least "looked at" however this was the Matthew Harding Lower so almost everyone in there was off their face on something and/or had a problem with Everton players. Wayne Rooney got it quite bad generally.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Dean Hammond after he gave it the bigs to the South Stand at Withdean when he scored for Southampton. I was absolutely raging!!

This was the time I lost it more than any other.

He wasn't a Brighton player at the time so omitted it from my previous contribution. I've been to a lot of football games over the years and can never remember a player being such a complete ****.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here