Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes I know that.
Oh I see, that's all it was :) I thought you were predicting how a government would form and what it would mean for our country, because right now, I've no bloody idea what's going to happen, and I can't say I'm delighted about that.

I do like the fact that the arrogant party thought they only had to turn up to get a 60+ seat majority, and now it appears they are getting their arses kicked.

If the exit poll is right, which, I'm still sticking to my 30-35 seat majority.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Postal votes 25% in some places according to BBC nerd. Lots of Brits living in Europe wanting to stay there and voting Labour for a soft Brexit I wonder?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
This a crunch time. On a normal night you may just be starting to think about heading to bed around now. You've got to smash through your body's natural urges.

With that in mind, smash into the booze.

Woah, that's counter intuitive. You think I should? OK, another glass of wine then. I'll put a couple of Fever Trees in the fridge too. Need to be strong now #prayfortinycowboy

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
An anti-Tory Guardian speaker on ITV just said that the Greens pulled candidates from 50 marginal seats, and that the non Tory parties ran non-aggression pacts in masses of other marginals.

The aim to destroy the Tories.

If that plan has worked, then the Newcastle/Sunderland seats are unrepresentative and by Monday Corbyn will be PM.

The Greens pulled out here in Hastings.

https://hastings.greenparty.org.uk

There really is a strong anti Rudd sentiment feeling about the whole place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dimbleby on BBC is getting on my tits now.

What is the ITV coverage like? It is it like their world cup shambles where when a match is shown on both channels, nobody watches Andy Townsend and the other plebs?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Postal votes 25% in some places according to BBC nerd. Lots of Brits living in Europe wanting to stay there and voting Labour for a soft Brexit I wonder?

You can do postal votes within the uk as well.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Dimbleby on BBC is getting on my tits now.

What is the ITV coverage like? It is it like their world cup shambles where when a match is shown on both channels, nobody watches Andy Townsend and the other plebs?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm quite enjoying the Channel 4 coverage, bit more lighthearted, but some good discussion too

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Greens pulled out here in Hastings.

There really is a strong anti Rudd sentiment feeling about the whole place.

She hasn't done anything wrong particularly.

But a minister in a marginal (Labour have held the seat in modern times) is always a sitting duck for the anti-government majority to target. Huge human resources put in to get them out.

Balls, Mellor and Chris Patten were all victims of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here