Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shortest Albion careers. One game wonders!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Gutted - I had read right through the thread and this was the only person I was certain to add to it. . . you beat me to it - the reverse fixture to the one on your tag I think. He was a really good keeper as well although let in 2 that day. . . fortunately we scored 3.

correct on all accounts

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Crap. I was there. I even have a sad photo of the away corner which, although tiny, was so sparsely populated you could count them all. It was a Fans United game, too, wasn't it? That was probably the epicentre of our low point, performance wise.
The Heart of Football (on Valentine's Day or thereabouts if I remember correctly). Yes, I was there too wishing I'd stayed in The Cricketers-that was true for most of the Gillingham era.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Crap. I was there. I even have a sad photo of the away corner which, although tiny, was so sparsely populated you could count them all. It was a Fans United game, too, wasn't it?

Played on February 14 - "The Heart of Football"

HeartofFootball.jpg

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Whilst looking up someone else who it turns out played 20 times (I am not naming as I would look even more stupid!) I stumbled across Calvin Andrew and then having looked up Steve Cook, who it turns out played twice, thought of Grant Hall

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
ok Andrew was wrong. . . 9 according to his Wiki page, which aligns more to what I thought but it said 1 on the Brighton page for that season - unless I misread it. . .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ben Andrews? Pretty sure he got sent off away at Carlisle and that was about it.

Cardiff .
I bet he's trotted out that story a few times

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I remember having so much optimism when a lot of these players signed.
A part of me still thinks Matt heath will come good

D

Deleted User X18H

Are you talking about Chris Allen, the former Oxford United and Nottingham Forest winger? Micky Adams took him on trial in the spring of 2001; he had recently been playing at Slough. He had an ankle injury but Adams was willing to let him prove his fitness. He sat among the substitutes during the game at Brisbane Road in March 2001 but he was never named on a teamsheet and I'm not sure he was ever signed to a contract.

There was also a lad called Cherif Diallo who was a non-playing sub at Blackpool in September 2000.

Maybe Diallo. Thanks

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
What was the name of the third Spanish midfielder/striker Gus signed - there was Collunga, Spanish Dave and?!?

I think he played once, perchance twice.

He was, as you say: "sheet, no messin"

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Didnt we have a keeper called Jones who played at Port Vale? Was that his only game?

Also what about Phil Hadland?

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
What was the name of the third Spanish midfielder/striker Gus signed - there was Collunga, Spanish Dave and?!?

I think he played once, perchance twice.

He was, as you say: "sheet, no messin"

David Rodriquez. 10 apps according to Wiki.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Thank you.

Yes - he probably made 10 appearances now I've said that! Did he score any? I'get also now got a feeling he did...

Oh well, he was eminently forgettable.
He scored once - was it at Blackburn?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I bloody knew it.

Yes it was Blackburn.

He was another one I suspect Gus had a 'complicated' relationship with.

Unless he was here under Garcia?!? 1 in 10 Dave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here