Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy: broken metatarsal, out for at least 6 weeks

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He'll be missed but, in the league, Uwe has never been on the losing side in an Albion shirt when he's played 90 minutes. 12 games, 6 of them wins. Let's hope he can get up to speed quickly and stay fit. Then if Dunk cuts out bookings for dissent we might just get by ok...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not signing better than Tomori and Akpom biting us on the arse failure to prepare is preparing to fail.

Hindsight is a wonderful friend to have at times like these. In January, we had:

Right-back: Bruno, Rosenior nearly back

Centre-back: Dunk, Duffy, Goldson, BFG

Left-back: Bong, Poco, Adekugbe

(I can't recall when Bong got injured, nor the initial prognosis)

We were VERY well equipped at the back. No one was crying out for more defensive cover, whilst "sign another striker" was muttered by many daily. The timing of the discovery of Goldson's condition, coming immediately after the transfer window closed, was very unfortunate.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
We'll be fine. Bruno did a grand job at CB in the early part of the season. Looked more than comfortable there. As other posters have said, it's Dunk's dodgy disciplinary difficulties we should really worry about...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Your opinion on Tomori is debatable....and as others have said 4 centre backs would seem to be reasonable cover

Yes. Tomori was fine in the second half against Newcastle.

We let the second in because Sidwell didn't track and Duffy went too deep, two seasoned pro's, not because of anything Tomori did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dwayne in talking utter bollocks shocker. Where are we in the goals against chart?
Strange isn't it that I was accused of talking utter bollocks after Ipswich when I said we were of big danger of screwing up if we continued the way we were playing.

Accused of talking utter bollocks when I said I would take a point vs Newcastle.

Talking rubbish when I said the players looked really tired at the end of Newcastle game .....And shock horror we looked lethargic vs forest !!!!!

Etc etc

Duffy was at fault IMO for leaving Perez free for second. And looked shaky vs forest. I understand our overall defensive record is excellent but it hasn't looked great recently, were you at Preston, Huddersfield or forest ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hindsight is a wonderful friend to have at times like these. In January, we had:

Right-back: Bruno, Rosenior nearly back

Centre-back: Dunk, Duffy, Goldson, BFG

Left-back: Bong, Poco, Adekugbe

(I can't recall when Bong got injured, nor the initial prognosis)

We were VERY well equipped at the back. No one was crying out for more defensive cover, whilst "sign another striker" was muttered by many daily. The timing of the discovery of Goldson's condition, coming immediately after the transfer window closed, was very unfortunate.

How many times are we going to say we were unlucky for failing to get promoted rather than admit we were underprepared.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How many times are we going to say we were unlucky for failing to get promoted rather than admit we were underprepared.

1. We have not failed to get promotion this season. Let's see how it plays out, eh?

2. At the end of January most reasonably-minded fans would have said, given the returning Rosenior and Kayal, we had good cover across the board. The only reservations given, possibly, would have been up front.

As I say, hindsight is a great perspective to have.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Should have signed a more dependable defender than Tomori who has looked ropy at best and is now a guaranteed starter.

At best, Thrown in at the deep end against Newcastle, under great pressure and playing out of position, he looked very dependable, won every ball, header and by the end started to get forward . So at best he performed well for 70 minutes in our toughest match of the season or, in your view "ropy".

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Underprepared? explain....and we haven't failed yet!!!!

But isn't it obvious that we need at least eight world class centre backs waiting in the wings kicking their heels and not even getting in to the match day squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here