Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn - New Centre Back

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Naylor says ..... Update on Burn, getting close.
Fee around £3m. Currently injured, will be loaned straight back to Wigan until Xmas.
Could be another defender coming in as well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My only guess is we think we can cope for 4 1/2 months with Bruno/Bernardo/White as cover and the agreed fee represents his value with 6 months left on his contract as he's told Wigan he won't stay there?

My thoughts entirely. Chance for White to do a bit of bench-warming, with the odd ten minutes playing time here and there (plus U23 matches) and he can still go out on loan in January if CH feels that would be best.
Perhaps White on loan to Wigan in January and Burn coming back to us? Would make sense.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
can only guess its with a recall option in case of injuries ... kinda makes him a covering defender just getting regular football at a different club ... works for me as we do have some cover in others like Bruno short term (1 or 2 games) at least

Bruno really isn't an option to deputise at centre back. We are a Premier League club with buckets of cash to spend. It shouldn't be necessary.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Bit concerned signing a CB with no pace. Couldn't partner Duffy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suppose we could get free agent James Collins in until Christmas...

:fishing:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
From BBC Sport

Brighton have agreed a fee with Wigan for the Latics central defender Dan Burn.

The Premier League outfit will pay an initial £4m, with an addition £1m due if the various add-ons are met.

Burn only has 12 months left on his contract but it is thought he will be loaned back to Wigan for the first half of the current campaign.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
rumours be rumours but reports are we agreed fee for Martin Montoya as well and we cant have both Moore & Montoya

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
FA Cup 3rd round starts 5th January.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I mentioned this on the Moore thread so apologies if you are reading this twice.

Is Kurt Zouma a centre back? Or is he a midfielder?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here