Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Gloucestershire T20 Hove tonight 19.00

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A miracle from this partnership, a very good last couple of overs and a total around 140 is the last straw to clutch at...

The pitch is clearly slow/low but 140 must be the minimum to have a chance.
Christ on a bike! 125 tops from here. And that will be chased down in under 15 overs unless there is an asteroid strike.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hope you’re right.....
Very frustrating. Anything other than this complete screw up and I'd have fancied us a lot tonight.

135 is about maximum right now and even that is very skinny.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
20 an over last three

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They're absolutely SMASHING singles all over the park.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not even swinging and hoping at the minute
Pretty much every attempt at a big shot has either resulted in a swing and a miss or a hit up the chimney.

It could be that all the Sussex batters are terrible and can't strike a cricket ball or it could that the pitch is tricky (i.e. not coming on).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pretty much every attempt at a big shot has either resulted in a swing and a miss or a hit up the chimney.

It could be that all the Sussex batters are terrible and can't strike a cricket ball or it could that the pitch is tricky (i.e. not coming on).

Come on Rashid.

The latter hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Not sure why we batted first. Bowling is our strength, we are more likely to win when restricting a team IMO.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

And when we have connected well with a full half-volley (Wiese) or full toss (Jordan) it goes straight to a fielder on the boundary... not our night.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Again... Rashid Khan hit that as sweetly as a ball can be hit...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Finally Jofra connected with a pace on half volley for a proper maximum. Much too little and far too late..?

We'll soon know. My guess is that 150-160 might have been a winning score on average but so many variables.

Wickets in the PowerPlay always key and crucial now - prob need at least 3 of them to make any sort of game of it?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
****ing tactics Sussex how thick are they. Jesus Christ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here