Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
HMRC standing by its £20B for the Brexiteers proposed post Brexit customs system

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44372011

Add on the 1% p.a loss in GDP growth since we voted out and his is all looking very expensive. I'm sure the Tories will find of way of fleecing the poor to pay for all this

And here is our wonderful Government wasting more of their, and the Civil Services f***ing time and money talking about a 'Technical solution' which doesn't exist and won't exist in any of the timescales currently on the table :facepalm:

Still, I'm sure we can find the money from somewhere. More austerity for you, Vicar ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
All pulling towards what Ted Heath only admitted to after the 1975 referendum was run, the aim was always for complete political and economic union.

As has been pointed out on this thread already, this claim is completely untrue. The move towards closer political union was laid out as an objective of the Treaty of Rome in 1957. The very first line says "to lay the foundations of an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe," It's been an abiding principle of the EEC/EU ever since.

You may object to it but don't pretend that it's something that was introduced after we joined, it's a principle that's been there fron the outset.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And here is our wonderful Government wasting more of their, and the Civil Services f***ing time and money talking about a 'Technical solution' which doesn't exist and won't exist in any of the timescales currently on the table :facepalm:

Still, I'm sure we can find the money from somewhere. More austerity for you, Vicar ?

Indeed, while HMRC is consumed with Brexit

https://www.politicshome.com/news/u...d-miss-out-billions-pounds-staff-focus-brexit

39 IT projects and changes have been paused so attention can turn to implementing customs arrangements after Brexit.

Paralysis continues, what an absolute mess we are in

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

https://www.politicshome.com/news/u...d-miss-out-billions-pounds-staff-focus-brexit

39 IT projects and changes have been paused so attention can turn to implementing customs arrangements after Brexit.

And if we know the absolute mess the U.K. is in you can bet your bottom dollar any nation Britain wants to sign a free trade deal with will also know this. Prepare yourself for some pretty desperate and shoddy trade deals. How the once mighty has fallen.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And let’s not forget the EU’s time which is also being wasted by Britain’s amateur and incompetent approach to the negotiations. Thick as mince I believe one of Davis’ friends called him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's been one since 1999 - Baroness Ashton served in that capacity for nearly 5 years.

As has been pointed out on this thread already, this claim is completely untrue. The move towards closer political union was laid out as an objective of the Treaty of Rome in 1957. The very first line says "to lay the foundations of an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe," It's been an abiding principle of the EEC/EU ever since.

You may object to it but don't pretend that it's something that was introduced after we joined, it's a principle that's been there fron the outset.
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION], you’re not having a good day are you? I also have not had any response from the helpful info my “lawyer mate” gave you regarding the new EU data laws.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
May destoyed in PMQs today on some quite simple stuff. Tories just jeer at Ian Blackford.

Pathetic government.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It’s not going to happen is it?

I think that Brexit just needs a new leader to keep up the impetus and continue the sterling work

image.jpg
boris-johnson.jpg
Portraiture-10.jpg
_93092140_p04m7txh.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION], you’re not having a good day are you? I also have not had any response from the helpful info my “lawyer mate” gave you regarding the new EU data laws.

Firstly I'll accept there is a Foreign Minister - albeit with another title. It highlights the EU's rush to becoming a state. See, some of us can admit mistakes ..... now where's your apology for mis-reading a graph rather than the squirming responses after your mistake was pointed out ?

My post that [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] responded to never denied that the aims were in the Treaty of Rome. It was highlighting a broadcast interview with Edward Heath ( originally broadcast in 78 or 79 ) admitting they avoided pointing this out. In a similar way the remain campaign failed to highlight what the EU future plans were / are - instead they concentrated on the hell and damnation that would rain down upon us if we voted leave. If I get a few minutes I'll see if I can find a recording of the Heath interview.

As for your mate and GDPR, he was so wide of the mark that it didn't seem worth responding. Companies ARE required to be able to search ALL data ( confirmed by industry press and our compliance officer ). There have been many articles in the industry press of how many companies are failing to be able to adhere to even the basics of GDPR. There was a report in Computing suggesting on 25% of EU companies are even 75% compliant.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
May destoyed in PMQs today on some quite simple stuff. Tories just jeer at Ian Blackford.

Pathetic government.
It's not even a Government, May sounded awful today, deflection and avoidance at all turns. Difficult to see how even [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] could vote for this shower now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As for your mate and GDPR, he was so wide of the mark that it didn't seem worth responding. Companies ARE required to be able to search ALL data ( confirmed by industry press and our compliance officer ). There have been many articles in the industry press of how many companies are failing to be able to adhere to even the basics of GDPR. There was a report in Computing suggesting on 25% of EU companies are even 75% compliant.

I just mentioned this to him and he smiled and said “if he wants to believe that then fine.”

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Worth a read through this Twitter feed this morning.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes

His Twitter is interesting reading now. David Davis is not going to resign, but Jacob Rees-Mogg is about to have a hissy fit and brief The Telegraph and The Sunday Times to try and sink things apparently.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
5000 pages of NSC gold coming up on the Brexit thread and to think at 1000 pages someone said it was dead.

Only 2 years since Brexit and not much has even happened yet

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's not even a Government, May sounded awful today, deflection and avoidance at all turns. Difficult to see how even [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] could vote for this shower now.

[MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] will though. Like [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION], they’re so deeply and utterly entrenched in their views that they see and hear what they want to believe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here