Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stubborn Staff in the Superstore

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I had the same experience and was not happy. I saw the notices on the doors which talked of exchanging after the 28th and asked the girl on the nearest till whether she really expected me to come back tomorrow doing best part of 80 miles round trip. She replied that the top would be exchanged after the match, which it duly was -by this time, they had probably had several complaints, and decided to relent. Would it not have been better to have organised a corner of the shop near a till to do this, knowing that at this time, there will be such exchanges, and thus placate fans, who had spent good money in the club shop to boost Albion's coffers? NO, instead there was a try-on, so that the staff would not be inconvenienced from making as much dosh as possible. Very poor attitude shown..

Why does this make me feel HAPPY ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So let me get this straight, children in Syria are dodging bombs tonight, many refugees across the western world are struggling for food and water, Princess Leia has died and the OP is moaning because his top don't fit and he might have to pop back next week? 1st world problems eh!

Yes, shut down NSC, nobody ever moan about anything Albion related on an Albion football forum again. :facepalm:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I am afraid these sorry stories just about sum the club up, in all aspects from the shop to the ticket office. This is why I and my sons are no longer season ticket holders. Until the club realise it is us doing them a service and not vice versa, it will continue. Still, when The Albion are bottom of the premier league, without a win in ten; playing to a half empty stadium, without the fair weather glory hunters, maybe then they might get it!
No club in history in the prem has played in a half empty stadium(Wigan closest)....near on impossible:lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So let me get this straight, children in Syria are dodging bombs tonight, many refugees across the western world are struggling for food and water, Princess Leia has died and the OP is moaning because your top don't fit and u might have to pop back next week? 1st world problems eh!
it seems to have become a first world trait to make ridiculous comparisons between everyday life and major news events everytime someone complains about the former. Since when did shopping at the Albion have anything to do with a foreign war, an actresses death or basic provisions? Its becoming the standard reply to sneer 'first world problems' in reply to almost everything these days. Presumably if you lose your job, pets, get robbed or receive poor customer service these too are get over it 'first world problems' you can't share either because much greater events are always happening elsewhere in the world. Besides, if the Albion have also won...what's your problem? Just get over it, get another job, pet etc you selfish first world problem victim!

Grief, sorry, but it's such a tiresome comment these days I'm fed up hearing and you've copped it on behalf of the hundreds of others who just trot it out without thinking seemingly! No offence. :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
it seems to have become a first world trait to make ridiculous comparisons between everyday life and major news events everytime someone complains about the former. Since when did shopping at the Albion have anything to do with a foreign war, an actresses death or basic provisions? Its becoming the standard reply to sneer 'first world problems' in reply to almost everything these days. Presumably if you lose your job, pets, get robbed or receive poor customer service these too are get over it 'first world problems' you can't share either because much greater events are always happening elsewhere in the world. Besides, if the Albion have also won...what's your problem? Just get over it, get another job, pet etc you selfish first world problem victim!

Grief, sorry, but it's such a tiresome comment these days I'm fed up hearing and you've copped it on behalf of the hundreds of others who just trot it out without thinking seemingly! No offence. :)

Maybe [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] has a broken computer/ laptop/ tablet that only shows this thread and not any others he can comment on.
Poor little chap.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I can assure I did think deeply about the OP's horrific situation and after about two nano seconds decided nope what a load of of bollox and yes .1st world problems and no offence taken [emoji106]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Maybe [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] has a broken computer/ laptop/ tablet that only shows this thread and not any others he can comment on.
Poor little chap.

Yes your right, I got pissed on Christmas Day and accidentally sat on my tablet, yesterday morning i went to the Apple Store in Churchill Square and asked them to put a new screen in, can you believe they were so rude and suggested I needed an appointment, stubborn I'll tell thee!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes your right, I got pissed on Christmas Day and accidentally sat on my tablet, yesterday morning i went to the Apple Store in Churchill Square and asked them to put a new screen in, can you believe they were so rude and suggested I needed an appointment, stubborn I'll tell thee!

:) I'm always right . :thumbsup:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I feel your pain. It was the sons birthday today and he had his voucher for a free shirt from Young Seagulls. He has been looking forward to getting his shirt since the start of the season.

Got to the till - sorry you can't get this on a match day you will have to come to the shop on a non match day.... it's 200 mile trip to get to a home game ... sorry sir that's policy. They have taken the voucher and say they will get it in the post which is great but the boy was gutted. It also took a lot of back and forth negotiation.

there are now admin and postal costs because the shirts come in a separate order. Don't get me wrong - it's a free shirt which is amazing and something the club really don't have to do. But Christ they managed to get something so good very very wrong.

We won, we are top and it didn't ruin the boys day so all in all it is fine, just seemed daft.

So they could have just given you a shirt in exchange for the voucher, but instead they made you write down your details, pay for postage and admin so that they can pack the shirt in a parcel at a later date and post it to you? Crazy days

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here