Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong's performance today.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I bloody love 'billa 'Bong.

First saw him up at Ipswich and just LOVE him.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Fantastic to see a man who was sometimes moaned on here in the championship, put in some big performances in maybe the best league in the world.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Very very short sighted. Nobody is arguing he's a bad player. But Suttner offers more to the team. That's my opinion, and it's not changing.

Bong was good today, and he's been good all season. He's solid defensively, he puts in his shift and does his best for the team and the club at all times. I will never be unhappy to see him in the shirt, and it's clear from social media posts that he's close with Schelotto and Izquierdo and Hughton has made multiple references to his impact off the pitch. Good luck to him all the time he's at the club.

Have to agree. Bong is a solid defender but offers pretty much nothing going forward. His crossing is very poor and he just seems to not want to pass to Izquierdo!!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Have to agree. Bong is a solid defender but offers pretty much nothing going forward. His crossing is very poor and he just seems to not want to pass to Izquierdo!!

This is accurate. He is poor with the ball at his feet imo.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Gaetan Bong:

My player of the season so far, closely folowed by the rest of the squad who are performing wonders.

I love the fact that we appear to have a settled team now, each player has now claimed their spot in the starting line up on merit, not due to another players injury or suchlike.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
He was a bit poor in the first half as Shaquiri had the better of him, but he was definitely improved in the 2nd half - as our entire performance was.

I'll admit when we signed him i was a tad sceptical as he hadn't pulled out any trees with Wigan, but he's been dependable and managed to form some great partnerships, firstly with Lua Lua and now Izzy. He's a great player.

We played better in the first half against Stoke

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I didn't realise in the Championship just how good he was defensively. Obviously we had a lot more of the ball last season, which highlighted his weakness, and got some people on his back, but he's been excellent as a defender which is his primary job.

I think we'd find it hard to find someone as solid as Bong has been but with very good attacking ability as those players cost mega money. For a side that knows it's going to have to defend a lot, he's ideal really.

seagull winners

Sep 8, 2011
I agree Gaeton Bong is my player of the season. Not his fault before that Murphy and to a lesser extent March, Skalak and Knockheart rarely made themselves available for a pass. Jose is the perfect partner as he often tracks back and makes himself visible rather than hiding behind the opposition player. As for passing forward and tackling Stephens managed no tackles and only 2 passes forward the whole of the second half but at least one was a goal.Neil McNab was called sideswipe, thinking of calling Dale back swipe.Would really like to see Gros play alongside Davy and put Locadia up top with Glenn. i also thought Anthony had his best game of the season on Saturday and long may that continue. I think our chairman has been brilliant but sorry cannot agree with his predicted 36 or 37 points will be enough.
I personally think 38 will be enough as long as our goal difference is not worse than 20.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I agree Gaeton Bong is my player of the season. Not his fault before that Murphy and to a lesser extent March, Skalak and Knockheart rarely made themselves available for a pass. Jose is the perfect partner as he often tracks back and makes himself visible rather than hiding behind the opposition player. As for passing forward and tackling Stephens managed no tackles and only 2 passes forward the whole of the second half but at least one was a goal.Neil McNab was called sideswipe, thinking of calling Dale back swipe.Would really like to see Gros play alongside Davy and put Locadia up top with Glenn. i also thought Anthony had his best game of the season on Saturday and long may that continue. I think our chairman has been brilliant but sorry cannot agree with his predicted 36 or 37 points will be enough.
I personally think 38 will be enough as long as our goal difference is not worse than 20.

So, as Izquierdo is available, why does he never pass to him?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Proverbial eagle-eye aren't you. Thank ****ing christ you aren't in charge.

http://www.squawka.com/players/dale...#8#season-2017/2018#819#all-matches#1-28#type

Let's compare that against the much more forward thinking Davy Propper.

http://www.squawka.com/players/davy...#8#season-2017/2018#819#all-matches#1-28#type

Oh...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here