*** NFL Fantasy Football 2015/16 ***

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Almost halfway through the season.

Thoughts on the running?
Thoughts on next year?
Thoughts in general?

My team is a disaster and i can't get anyone worthwhile from the FA / waivers to strengthen - there seems to be less about this season to try to pick up compared to last (more teams this year, less depth in the NFL this season? no drop outs meaning less to go around as everyone is scrambling for the better picks from the lists? or is it just a case of my team being good last season that i didn't really need to look to improve my squad so didn't notice it as much?)

I'm still enjoying it and i can't wait for next year though where i will try to do better in the draft (won't be that hard)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Almost halfway through the season.

Thoughts on the running?
Thoughts on next year?
Thoughts in general?

Hating it! [emoji35] hopeless team this year.

Seriously, really good again. Think 1 keeper would be better and would also help new players.

Otherwise format works well.

Thanks again for organising.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I'm pretty much 6-1 having been predicted a two win season. So I'm enjoying it, thanks for asking 😉

Edit: To be fair I think I agree with [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] that one keeper might keep it more interesting for more people next season.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Awful start 0-2 now hopefully after tonight's game going 4-3 and top of the division. Freeman bagging me a handful of points the main difference, really struggling with TE's always scouring free agents market! Hopeful of playoffs!
I have shatner's in my next match up not expecting much out of that!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I actually had a thought.

I was thinking about wiping out all keepers this year and making it all fresh, no keepers and we all go from there.

Then I was thinking about adding a dynasty league to the mix, for those who don't know what I mean, we would have much bigger squads, looking like this:

QB
WR
WR
RB
TE
FLEX
FLEX
K
LB
DT
DE
CB
S

BN X 10

In this league we would have maybe 8-10 of us, unlimited keepers and we would basically build a dynasty, and have the league going with a smaller core of sides - 10 maximum with such big squads. Needless to say our draft every year after the first one would be rookies and waiver wires, but it would add a very nice element and added importance to trading etc.

Let me know how you all feel, this is obviously just under a year away, so no decisions yet, but I love the idea of it.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Am game! Am absolutely loving this years fantasy league, Learning about different players and I find myself watching non Falcons games just to see how my fantasy players are getting on!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I was thinking about wiping out all keepers this year and making it all fresh, no keepers and we all go from there.

Then I was thinking about adding a dynasty league to the mix, for those who don't know what I mean, we would have much bigger squads, looking like this:

QB
WR
WR
RB
TE
FLEX
FLEX
K
LB
DT
DE
CB
S

BN X 10

In this league we would have maybe 8-10 of us, unlimited keepers and we would basically build a dynasty, and have the league going with a smaller core of sides - 10 maximum with such big squads. Needless to say our draft every year after the first one would be rookies and waiver wires, but it would add a very nice element and added importance to trading etc.

Let me know how you all feel, this is obviously just under a year away, so no decisions yet, but I love the idea of it.

Definitely in.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Still a bit sore about not getting the memo about the 2 keepers taking up rounds 1 & 2 and also a bit sore about being 4-3 despite having scored the 2nd most points.

Loving it tho. Bring on the playoffs.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

QB
WR
WR
RB
TE
FLEX
FLEX
K
LB
DT
DE
CB
S

BN X 10

I'd definitely be up for that, sounds interesting

Btw who are my divisional rivals who has the teams show me your td's, hand egg rules and lt's facemask,?

I'm HandEgg. (it is a game played using your hands and with an egg hence my team name but should really think of a better one)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

QB
WR
WR
RB
TE
FLEX
FLEX
K
LB
DT
DE
CB
S

BN X 10

Count me in. It refreshed my love for American Football and made Sunday evenings more interesting.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I've somehow never noticed this thread before and am fully aware that I'm coming incredibly late to this party.

That being said, as/when you need another participant (I appreciate it'll likely be next season/a long way away) please let me know, looks both fun and interesting!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Enjoying it although I am having a terrible season - Romo going down so early along with Beastmode and Lacey showing injuries each week.

Got to say it really increased my enjoyment of the Wembley games firstly with Marshall for the Jets and this Sunday with bortles in the driving seat I was loving it, beer in hand shouting at sport cannot get that at football with the outdated beer ban

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I've somehow never noticed this thread before and am fully aware that I'm coming incredibly late to this party.

That being said, as/when you need another participant (I appreciate it'll likely be next season/a long way away) please let me know, looks both fun and interesting!

Don't worry, I'll be messaging everyone who has commented in this topic around next August for some new entries.

However I have noticed some teams aren't fielding players, so I'm gonna send a few emails and get back to you.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Half Year Review:

Just past the half way point of the regular season thought it might be good to have a little review

Say Helu, Wave Goodbye

Record 5-3 (2nd in West Stand Upper, 3rd overall)

Have been a little unlucky, currently have the 2nd highest points total and am the only team to inflict a defeat on the 7-1 Shatner's Basoons but am relatively well placed and happy with my team after most of the bye weeks have gone by and having played most of the big guns.

QB: Brady, Taylor: Picked up Brady in 4th Round, which has worked out very well. Taylor appears a serviceable backup if the worst happens.
RB: Johnathan Stewart, Chris Ivory, David Cobb, David Johnson, Duke Johnson: If CJ Anderson had lived up to the hype this unit would have been great, as it is David and Duke Johnson have got me some very handy points in bye weeks. Stewart is now starting to look good but an injury or two here kills me. Keeping my fingers crossed that Cobb wins the Titans starting job on his return from IR.
WR: AJ Green, Allen Robinson, DeSean Jackson, Lance Moore: Very excited about this unit now Jackson is fit, 3 legitimate WR1's (and Lance Moore)
TE: Gary Barnidge, Jordan Cameron: Thought I'd extracted good value getting Cameron in round 6 but he's been disappointing. Barnidge who I picked up off waivers is only behind Gronk in TE scorers.
K: Brandon McManus: Didn't draft a kicker - pretty pleased about this pick up.
DEF: New York Jets: Drafted them in all my leagues this year and they've served me well

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
LT's Facemask

Nothing positive to say!
Had a good start 3-1 and have now lost last 4. Only once have I achieved the projected score, so basically a disaster.

QB - Rogers has kept me in most games, with the exception of this week.

RB - Hopeless! The much lauded Melvin Gordon has yet to reach 80 yards and fumbles every other game.
Rashad Jennings carries have dropped as Giants now have 4 options.

WR - Was weak anyway and Wadkins at Buffalo has been injured and has been whining about a lack of targets.

TE - Cut the Philly guy in favour of Fells who promptly got injured. Donnell also carrying a knock.

Kicker and Defense - okay [emoji4]

EDIT: I know I've posted already, but I'm getting to the 'therapy' stage!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
HandEgg - A very disappointing and frustrating season to date, especially after having one of the highest scoring teams last season. I've wanted to ditch a fair few players but there just hasn't been anything to pick up to replace them so i've been forced to stick with them. I don't think i've done better than scoring about half the predicted points for my team each week, that's how badly they have underperformed - already starting to think about next season and struggling to think of anyone even worth keeping between seasons.

QB
Andrew Luck QB - IND 109.36 (has been a major disappointment - he was one of my keepers from last season)
Joe Flacco QB - BAL 129.64 (At times he has been better than Luck but not great)

RB
Ronnie Hillman RB - DEN 63.50 (reliable points scorer but not spectacular)
T.J. Yeldon RB - JAC 60.80 (reliable points scorer but not spectacular)
Le'Veon Bell RB - PIT IR 87.20 (missed several games suspended, now injured and out for season - my other keeper, do i keep him in the squad for next season?)
Carlos Hyde RB - SF 70.30 (a couple of good weeks but mainly poor)
Jeremy Langford RB - CHI 23.10 (newly acquired)
Charcandrick West RB - KC 44.70 (reasonable production since being picked up after Jamaal Charles got injured)

WR
Rueben Randle WR - NYG 50.40 (poor but only in there because i can't find better in the waivers)
Davante Adams WR - GB 10.00 (finally starting to come back after being out almost all season with injury)
Allen Hurns WR - JAC 79.30 (reasonable production but not spectacular)
Victor Cruz WR - NYG 0.00 (every week sounds like he could play, every week he is ruled out injured again - yet to play this season)

TE
Tyler Eifert TE - CIN 74.10 (decent performances this season)

K
Mike Nugent K - CIN 52.00 (newly acquired to cover bye weeks)

DEF
Pittsburgh Steelers DEF 63.00 (newly acquired to cover bye weeks)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I've had some really crappy luck this season but losing my playoff round with what looks like is going to be the 2nd highest score of the week is a bitter pill.

Good luck to everyone left in it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here