Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He is a good player, I have watched him play a bit in the games where he started for Saints last season (kept an eye on him as he is a Worthing lad). Very good prospect who could do a job.

HOWEVER, as others have said, why would we consider developing someone elses youngster? Surely the future is for us to bring our kids through now. Fine you have to supplement this with a few old hands, but loan someone elses youngster just to improve him for them? no thanks.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would beg to differ as JFC, Reed & Ince are in fact very very different types of players.

JFC prefers to be an attacking midfielder but who has been played out of position at club level.

Harrison Reed is a holding / terrier type of midfielder comparable to Liam Bridcutt/Dennis Wise/Charlie Oatway.

I also think you're wrong about holding back Ince, as many at the club think his future is as a centre back which is his natural position. He has unfortunately been shoehorned into the midfield role because we've never replaced Bridcutt.

Just taking one of your points about Rowan Ince - I don't know why but I actually see a lot of comparrisons with him and Ledley King. Ledley played in midfield for the most part in the Spurs reserves under CH. Then when he broke into the first team, CH and Martin Jol, they converted him to a Cente Back and he really blossomed in that position. Consequently I wonder if CH is currently seeing the same comparisons with Rowan Ince

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Just taking one of your points about Rowan Ince - I don't know why but I actually see a lot of comparrisons with him and Ledley King. Ledley played in midfield for the most part in the Spurs reserves under CH. Then when he broke into the first team, CH and Martin Jol, they converted him to a Cente Back and he really blossomed in that position. Consequently I wonder if CH is currently seeing the same comparisons with Rowan Ince

I am sure when we first had him he came as a C/B and if that is CH's thinking why not Rea in midfield

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fair enough.

It doesn't change the fact that Saints Fans think highly of him, but I see your point. I am not one of those on here who thinks that JFC is rubbish.

I have one Saints' fan friend, and saw him a month ago. Reed is the player that they are raving about, from those coming through from their academy (which has some track record). That said, HKFC has it right. We're well catered for in midfield, and I want to see JFC and, especially, Ince getting plenty of game time next season.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Absolutely right. In England U21 regular Forster-Caskey, Rohan Ince and Ireland U21 captain Glen Rea, we have three young centre midfielders who are all developing very well, and who all now need GAMES to progress. If we were to bring in another club's 'prospect' in that position, and give them game time instead, then I would seriously question the decision makers at the club.
Absolutely spot on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would hate to see Ince as a CB. His tackling is too wayward and would give away penalties galore plus for a man 6ft 4in tall his aerial ability is poor. His best position is breaking up play as opponents approach us through their midfield.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I would hate to see Ince as a CB. His tackling is too wayward and would give away penalties galore plus for a man 6ft 4in tall his aerial ability is poor. His best position is breaking up play as opponents approach us through their midfield.

How can anyone be good at breaking up play and yet their tackling ability be wayward.

And you're saying he would give away penalties because of what reason? Does he give away needless free kicks in midfield then? If so then you're alluding to say that Ince is a liability no matter where he plays and so playing devils advocate surely then he shouldn't be in the first team meaning that we DO need another CDM because if Ince cant tackle, head and gives away free kicks then why on earth would anyone want a player like that in their team?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
My son is on holiday atm, I will get him to ask Harrison when he comes back. Harrison is highly thought of by Koeman, I suppose getting from Findon across Worthing to the training ground will be easier.

My son is back from holiday and Harrison was out there also. He is not being loaned out to his knowledge (Harrison's words) but if it meant getting regular playing time he would love to be loaned out to Brighton as being a local he is obviously a follower of the club. A genuine lad, unlike another young prem (up himself) player that they came across out there.

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
My son is back from holiday and Harrison was out there also. He is not being loaned out to his knowledge (Harrison's words) but if it meant getting regular playing time he would love to be loaned out to Brighton as being a local he is obviously a follower of the club. A genuine lad, unlike another young prem (up himself) player that they came across out there.

Cheers [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] thats what I like- straight from the horses mouth [emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here