Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Definitely at fault for their 2nd goal when he tried to catch it rather than push it away. but he has earnt us more points than he has cost us or Bruno has cost us.

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
What is 45cm in real money? :)

2nd goal he had a bit of a flap from the corner and should have stopped the header. But still massively in credit this season. Think he probably had a good 2nd half today too, but difficult to tell from row B!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Feel a bit sorry for Ryan at the moment. If the 10 outfield players can't muster a single goal between them in 4 matches (apart from a dodgy pen vs, Liverpool), they really leave him no margin for any sort of error.

Today they contrived to create zero chances between the 10 of them across the whole 90-minutes. Don't blame the keeper if we lose.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh well at least that cock up didn’t cost us a Championship...

theboybilly

Feel a bit sorry for Ryan at the moment. If the 10 outfield players can't muster a single goal between them in 4 matches (apart from a dodgy pen vs, Liverpool), they really leave him no margin for any sort of error.

Today they contrived to create zero chances between the 10 of them across the whole 90-minutes. Don't blame the keeper if we lose.

Murray did have that very decent headed effort in the first half but I agree that Ryan has little margin for error

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's currently an identical situation to when Stocko arrived.
He was playing well enough, everybody else was shite house.

So we ended up with 5 quality saves 1 error and a 1-0 lose.
Yet all the nimrods, young and old insisted on blaming DS.

I'm pleased Ryan has so much goodwill in the bank, as those selfsame nimrods would be desperate to maintain their vendetta against Ryan.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

its the ideas that set the game plan and strategy that are currently floored, the opposition in this division have worked out our fairly simplistic and repeatative game plan. I see players talents curtailed as they are asked to play within a constrained system. How many times have we seen Izzequedo chasing a cutting ball using his speed, we were sold the idea he is lightning fast, Solly instructed to cut inside continually and Hemed sidelined when he has been a form player.
As for Ryan, one mistake, he is our last line of defence remember, and people are howling. How many times are we to witness Stephens losing the ball, passing the ball out of play and being caught in possession. I feel we are physically and mentally run down at the moment, the games we are playing are faster and more intense than last year and we see very little rotation of the squad, which probably tells us all we need to know.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Is this thread for real? Ryan should have the second, but the defending for both goals was SHIT and he could do nothing about our impotent attack. Ryan is just fine thanks... sheesh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everybody seems to rave about Dunk and Duffy, and I am no different, but I wonder if one of the stat men can say how many goals we have conceded against crosses and high set piece balls. from out wide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here