Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno 200

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well your hard to please, 100% one of our greats. Your mate needs a re think GN was praising him highly last Friday night words of Bruno is class.
He was, and whatever you think about GN he knows a thing or two about playing right back.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hopefully,setting new Prem age records for a while more,yet!:albion2:

Is he though?

I looked at this a few weeks ago, and West Brom's Gareth McAuley is older than Bruno - he's just approaching 38. He's not started a Premier League game this season, but he has come off the bench a couple of times.

I certainly couldn't find a Premier League outfield player older than Bruno who has started a game this season, although I may have missed someone.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My all time favourite was Chris Ramsey, who could have been a world beater if it wasn’t for that c@*t Whiteside.

Bruno has usurped him, though and definitely makes my all time Albion XI.

Only been watching since 1970, though.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Cattlin played right back in the promotion season but was replaced by John Gregory after promotion. Gary Stevens played some games there too and Ramsey came in at the end of the second season. Mike Bailey didn't like Ramsey and replaced him with Don Shanks, but Jimmy Melia brought him back. Paul Clark was a defensive midfield player.

Gregory, Stevens, Shanks were all pretty damned good. Whether they could have played at Bruno's level at his age I doubt.

The string of names that overlapped for multiple managers during our last soujorn at the top table tells it's own story - none of them were consistent. Bruno is a model of consistency - even when he might be having a bad game it only gets as bad as a couple of misplaced passes.

Yes he has his limitations - not blessed with pace but then i'd argue he never was so his entire game is predicated on speed of thought rather than feet. Adding Propper into our team this season I really do think you'll struggle to find two players with better footballing brains. It's a joy to watch them off the ball as much as on it.

If Paolo Maldini can do it in Serie A...

Exactly. That entire league is based around counter attacking and has been for years. For Maldini to excel all the way up to 41 I believe was no fluke and I expect Bruno to flourish for at least two more seasons.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Where would you old timers (I’m a 2003 JLC and proud) say he stands compared to other Albion greats?

He would be in my team of all time Albion greats, if more of his first time shots from outside the oppositions box had hit the back of net then he would captain that side too, in fact he probably should anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How much more does a great man want ?

We sang Happy Birthday to him at Goonerland

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I was having a drink the other week with a close friend when his missus appeared with his flock of kids. He told me his eldest was a mad BHA fan so I asked his favourite player. He instantly answered Bruno. Lad is only about 8 or 9. Impressed.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Thought he had another good game today. That fantastic instant trapping of the over hit pass by the by line and managing to get a cross in was a highlight today.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bruno was getting very frustrated in the second half by repeatedly being left in acres of space on the right and not receiving the ball.If the Albion game plan involved not playing the ball wide, maybe somebody could have let Bruno know and saved his legs. Alternately, players could do extra work in training on looking up for players in space.The lack of vision was getting quite embarrassing.

Oh, and his chest back to Ryan just before half time was sublime.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bruno outstanding again. For a free transfer one of our best ever signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here