Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

coffee pods

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Another recommend for the aeropress. It's quick and easy to use and clean. In fact the most time i take is grinding the beans while waiting for the water to cool form boiling

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I use a Dolce Gusto here in Spain. With the espresso intenso capsules I just let the machine run a little longer for a perfect americano. Mrs. BS prefers her coffee 'nube' so uses cafe con leche capsule but warms extra milk in the microwave before using the capsule. Keeps us both happy at 25 cents a pop with a box of 16 for 3.95 euros.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Stove top Italian style coffee pot (not sure what they are called). Easy, cheap and don't produce much waste.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nespresso all the way, buy the pods from the Nespresso site, much better value than Amazon.

Having tried nespresso it strikes me as coffee for people who don't like coffee. The strongest pods are about 100x weaker than we have coffee from the cafetiere at work :shrug:

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Another shout for the Aeropress, an excellent little gadget. Not as convenient as a coffee machine but does make better coffee. Also, if you are fussy then it's great to be able to choose the beans you want.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We've got a Tassimo at home and I only use it for the latte.

At work I use one of those plastic mug cafetiere things.

The French serve up lovely coffee. The nicest black/espresso I've had. How can I replicate that here?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I bought a krupps nespresso machine for pods last year. Utterly underwhelmed by the results. It's very easy to use and clean, so they're the positives. But the pods are obscenely expensive and the coffee only marginally better than an instant brand. I also got sick to death of all the stupid hype around the Nespresso method, the glossy catalogues showcasing so many pretentious flavours and varieties. The entire coffee pod industry seems to be built on image, presentation and aspiration, when all we want is a decent cup of coffee. And sadly they can't manage that....

I've heard Aeropress is good though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Have you thought about a water cooler instead? Healthier and you could have chats with yourself ..catch up on all the 'office' gossip :moo:

PS I'm checking out that aero press looks cool

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Tassimo for me buy the pods when they are on offer in the supermarkets.
Dont bother buying expensive milk pods just put some milk in the microwave does the same thing.

Me too, buy the T discs in bulk online and they are very reasonable........the new Americano Grande are the dogs....

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I use a Dolce Gusto here in Spain. With the espresso intenso capsules I just let the machine run a little longer for a perfect americano. Mrs. BS prefers her coffee 'nube' so uses cafe con leche capsule but warms extra milk in the microwave before using the capsule. Keeps us both happy at 25 cents a pop with a box of 16 for 3.95 euros.

Agree re Intenso pods, also 3 boxes for a tenner in Asda = 21p /cup, no messin', no mess, speedy.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
The French serve up lovely coffee. The nicest black/espresso I've had. How can I replicate that here?

Assuming you don't want to spend big on an espresso machine the Aeropress will give you an excellent espresso coffee. For a really good coffee don't skimp on the beans and cheap rubbish from the supermarket. I use Pact to get coffee delivered at home or Coffee at 33 on Trafalgar Street if I'm getting coffee beans for work.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Nespresso is very good. And it's not expensive, when you consider the taste compared to ground coffee.

Highly recommend

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Another vote for the Aeropress here. Makes excellent coffee and is very easy to clean.

Only downside is it seems to use more coffee than, for example, a cafetiere to make the same amount of drink.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Thanks all. Based on this have gone and got a tassimo machine. On half price offer, and used nectar points to reduce further, so £20 well spent I hope. Just had a kenco americano. Very nice!

Last edited:

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
After five or six months with the tassimo, I've ditched it in favour of a nespresso.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here