Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new football shirts 2016/17

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#twats

portsmouth_2016_17_kit_photoshoot.jpg

You'll not be able to slag anyone off, under your breath, in that dressing room.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Errea have done a historical third kit for Norwich. I wonder what we'd have got from them if they had dipped into the archives for our third kit.

1450ee9ad465576f2b19917f9412ee3d.jpg

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So I'd only just noticed that the Pompey crest is a sideways version of the Star and Crescent, commonly associated with Islam. Did a bit of a Google and found:

PORTSMOUTH STAR AND CRESCENT COAT OF ARMS

In 1194 it was King Richard I, Richard the Lionheart, who granted the Town of Portsmouth its first charter. The star and crescent symbol is also present on the seal of William de Longchamp, Bishop of Ely, who as Lord Chancellor, was involved in the in the granting of Portsmouth's charter.

It is believed that the Town of Portsmouth adapted the symbol to use as its coat of arms in tribute to King Richard, for his patronage in granting Town status. The Star and Crescent symbol is known to have been used by Mayors of Portsmouth from at least the seventeenth century and probably earlier from the middle ages.

King Richard I had apparently adopted the star and crescent as a royal badge after capturing Cyprus.

Love a bit of history.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
After all the fuss on here up to the release of the away kit last week all the enthusiasm seems to have evaporated for today's home strip launch.
Have the club misjudged it?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Love that Norwich kit. I would like to see some more harking back to the 80s/90s golden era of kits. .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Twats because it's Pompey? They are good looking shirts. Not so sure about Sondico though.

Of course :thumbsup:

Not so keen myself. The collar design is hideous. And, no matter how long they wear shirts with that particular sponsor's logo on front, my brain will never, ever allow me to read it without seeing it as "Gobshite".

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Errea have done a historical third kit for Norwich. I wonder what we'd have got from them if they had dipped into the archives for our third kit.

1450ee9ad465576f2b19917f9412ee3d.jpg

It's one of those shirts you think you should probably hate, but actually quite like (see also that pink & purple Sunderland kit). Obviously a tribute to the Jeremy Goss, Ruel Fox, Mark Robins sort of era.

It's better than their previous kit selection, which encompassed a yellow home shirt with green trim, a green away shirt with yellow trim, and a (brilliantly conceived) yellow & green hooped third shirt. Genius :facepalm:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, 1 year. If the home kit is for 1 year also, then the suspicion is that we'll have a new kit supplier / sponsor in 2017/18.

Adidas PLEASE!

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
It's one of those shirts you think you should probably hate, but actually quite like (see also that pink & purple Sunderland kit). Obviously a tribute to the Jeremy Goss, Ruel Fox, Mark Robins sort of era.

It's better than their previous kit selection, which encompassed a yellow home shirt with green trim, a green away shirt with yellow trim, and a (brilliantly conceived) yellow & green hooped third shirt. Genius :facepalm:
Yeah I really like it even though it should be awful. 90s is back in fashion (makes me feel very old) and so it probably makes sense from a sales point of view too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here