Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes I agree 50 people may have warmed to him by Polling Day, Labour's problem is the other 50 million or so...

His press conferences are like mini Nuremboug rallies. Carefully selected Corbyn lovers pack out the auditoriums, whilst he rants class war in the manner of Len McCluskey, Eric Heffer, Derek Hatton, and then you know what .... every sound bite receives over the top rapturous applause from his inner London mates.

Meanwhile, in the real world, 85% of the great British public do not see him as a PM.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Corbyn is starting to say the right things, and on just day 2. By day 50 people may have warmed to him.
I'm dreaming I know, there are far too many selfless twunts in this country for the Tories not to win.

This is exactly why grown ups laugh at Labour. You are right, he made all the right noises today, it was a good day for Labour. But as soon as the childish, infantile, rebellious insults start flying then people who just might be open to listening to the message think nah, they think that Labour are still stuck in the class war of the 70/80's. Just because someone does not agree with YOU does not automatically make them a twunt. This is exactly why Labour are unelectable.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well, if the Labour Party got their act together, there would at least be a credible opposition to this 'Tyrannical Dictatorship' that you seem to imagine.
Quite frankly, to call our Government a tyrannical dictatorship is complete drivel and an insult to those poor buggers in other parts of the world who really have suffered from such a regime.
Get a grip.
/
But is it moving away from democracy ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/19/crush-the-saboteurs-how-hard-brexit-rhetoric-turned-leninist

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This is exactly why grown ups laugh at Labour. You are right, he made all the right noises today, it was a good day for Labour. But as soon as the childish, infantile, rebellious insults start flying then people who just might be open to listening to the message think nah, they think that Labour are still stuck in the class war of the 70/80's. Just because someone does not agree with YOU does not automatically make them a twunt. This is exactly why Labour are unelectable.

I agreed with this!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Quite true. I also think that many like myself will never trust or vote for the Labour party again.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Not for me it isn't.
Quickly looked through Steven Poole's article and he seems to be honing in on the daft headlines from the likes of the Mail and the Sun and then giving it the Guardian treatment.
Mrs.May has called an election, that is hardly moving away from democracy, and anyway, I dare say those who take the 'moving away from democracy ' view may also take the view that Mrs. May has never won an election and has no personal mandate. If she wins, then democracy will be served; likewise if she doesn't.
I reckon the biggest danger for this country is the total absence of a credible opposition to represent those people who are not supporters of the Government. If there is no opposition to those in power, well that is truly moving away from democracy.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This poll, for this board, is staggering. Big majority incoming for May

Well the poll is just people from a football forum if:

149 who have clicked Conservative live in Haywards Heath

66 who clicked Labour live in Hove

49 who clicked Green live in central Brighton

Then nothing changes

However if the 81 who clicked Liberal Dem live in Lewes then it means something as Caulfield only has a 1000 majority.

Our rotton system is really ony affected by 100 or so seats that can swing between the big partys its a safe job for most.

Unless this poll tells you where people live and if their vote counts it tells you very little.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
[tweet]854408159276003329[/tweet]

You want to hear his views on abortion too. Very illiberal.

I really wanna vote liberal as i feel Labour is now a wasted vote (this could change if Corbyn pulls his finer out) , however this cringing clip of Farron doesn't do him any favours.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here