Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much does this cost? (One born every minute...)

Weekly is the frequency of delivery. The size varies, and that is the smallest. I imagine for a single person household that would go quite far but for us it doesn't, as I explained in my first post.

Although, that said - we rarely use potatoes so that's more than a week's worth for us.

Looks an even smaller amount if the potatoes are a weeks supply,admire the support for local farmers but not sure the value to the enviroment of a single delivery of such a small amount of food!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks an even smaller amount if the potatoes are a weeks supply,admire the support for local farmers but not sure the value to the enviroment of a single delivery of such a small amount of food!

They deliver to one area each day of the week so make deliveries to numerous closely located homes on that specific day. I can't change that day.

I know it's numerous as I have seen the number of boxes in the van each time they come.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Most of those items are 49p for a pack down the Coop 30 yards along the road from me.

I'm not sure how many miles it took to get to the Coop but surely the best way to save food miles and help local farmers is to buy all your food from a nearby central store that local farmers and suppliers deliver too and pick it all up from there every day or in one hit if you only have time for one shop.

Its a bit like recycling home waste - washing out bottles and cans only for the lorry to come and chuck it in one truck uses more energy and costs householders more than sorting and cleaning it at a depot with machinery and cheap recycled water set up to do it - doesn't it?

We need to go back to basic shopping and recycling methods and bring them up to date.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another week, another delivery.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454432385.495118.jpg

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Rip off, no City of Whitehawk bananas ! Seriously though, that doesn't look like farm produce. Which is usually dirtier (though tasty) and not trimmed. And as you say .... Exotic fruit ? Looks to me like someone's got a garage lock up business going....:shrug:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Pretty sure that most farms would be struggling to grow the exotic fruit in these conditions. Unless they have a greenhouse or something?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'd use that number of onions in one meal and I'm fairly certain that even if the fruit is being grown locally its using so much artificial heat you'd be better off importing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here