Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping the opposition off the pitch.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Bloody hell you have a warped view of life.

They were fighting relegation, came to the top of the league side, beat us royally and are now safe. If you begrudge them a round of applause then I pity your empty self focused soul.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Beaten by a better team yesterday and we knew it, we hardly threatened the whole match. The applause was fair enough, showed a bit of class you would not see from many clubs

Onto Villa we need to step up to plate and prove we want it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm all for sportingly clapping the opposition - after cricket or rugby matches. Not so much at the football. It must be my age.

Other than that, though some top rants on here either way including a tremendous literary reference and TEXTBOOK use of the word shitpuffin.

effort.jpg

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Can we please not do that again? It right royally wound me up more than the performance on the pitch today. You'll be pleased to know that I stuck true to my beliefs and flicked Vs at them and called them all names.

Seriously though...why do that?

I'm 100% with you Buzzer . The trophy was waiting for us to collect after the game and they just had to spoil it .

If we ever play the rotters again lets all flick V and :tosser: signs at them all game and make them regret their choice .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can we please not do that again?
I looked up and they were walking off and were clapping us (maybe our fans started it, I didn't see), which I took as applauding us for being promoted. Why wouldn't I clap back? It's nothing like clapping the away attendance while the game is still going on, it was just 11 players.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm 100% with you Buzzer . The trophy was waiting for us to collect after the game and they just had to spoil it .

If we ever play the rotters again lets all flick V and :tosser: signs at them all game and make them regret their choice .

This. How DARE the cads ruin our big day. Bounders! :rant:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
More than half the ground emptied before the players' parade, and this is what we're being critical of?

At least the people who clapped the City players off were still in the ****ing stadium :rolleyes:. I was one of them, when their team, to a man, raises their arms and applauds us going into the tunnel, i'm going to reciprocate that respect. The last time I did it was for a Yeovil side that battled for 80 odd minutes before succumbing and getting relegated.

It amuses me the killjoys in the pitch invasion threads suggesting that it would "stop the rest of the stadium being able to appreciate the players". Great appreciation shown yesterday :clap2:

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Their manager showed some class by starting the applause of our fans, some of their players followed suit, lots of our fans responded in kind. Bit of a storm in a teacup really isn't it? Certainly doesn't make us needy love-in merchants imho.

Reckon 'class' is the relevant word here. Some have it, some don't.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Seriously though...why do that?

All our players were off the pitch. They had just confirmed their place in the Championship next season. They were clapping us. They were a good team and deserved to win.

Take your pick from any of the above.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
More than half the ground emptied before the players' parade, and this is what we're being critical of?

At least the people who clapped the City players off were still in the ****ing stadium :rolleyes:. I was one of them, when their team, to a man, raises their arms and applauds us going into the tunnel, i'm going to reciprocate that respect. The last time I did it was for a Yeovil side that battled for 80 odd minutes before succumbing and getting relegated.

It amuses me the killjoys in the pitch invasion threads suggesting that it would "stop the rest of the stadium being able to appreciate the players". Great appreciation shown yesterday :clap2:

More than half, I'd say a third left

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
More than half, I'd say a third left

You think two thirds were still in the stadium by the time the players had circled half the pitch?

I was actually being modest when I said less than half, by the time TB was being interviewed there were substantially fewer than that.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I am with Buzzer on this one and cannot believe the stick he has got. When tf did we applaud a team who stopped us winning the title for the first time in the clubs history. Fair play they deseved the win but applaud them for it ? What an absolute joke ! Have a look at the Bristol City fans forum and you may have wished you did not. This is a taster

Sky (did we even get a mention?)

Knockaert (****in whinger)

30,000 expectant fans (crap support by the way)

And best of all...All the blue few who couldnt wait for us to join them in the tramp league.

Wonderful. Almost makes up for the 8 game losing run. Almost.

This is what happens when you celebrate winning the league before the start of the game.

I'd love it if Newcastle won the league now. I'd bloody love it.

That's for the play off final.

While watching tonights game on Now TV, during a camera close up showing Lee Johnson, I could lip read a Brighton fan sitting behind him saying "This is ******* rubbish, ******* rubbish, this is ******* Bristol City we're playing"

Made me larf I tell you.

So what if Bristol have a few ********s for fans? It doesn't mean that we have to descend to their sad level. Thankfully most of us didn't although clearly, a few have been only too willing to join the bottom-feeders.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Thought it was the classy thing to do. I applauded them off for getting the most unlikely of results in a situation which was set up for them to lose. Couldn't give a shit whether anyone disapproves or not. Fair play to Brizzle.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am with Buzzer on this one and cannot believe the stick he has got. When tf did we applaud a team who stopped us winning the title for the first time in the clubs history. Fair play they deseved the win but applaud them for it ? What an absolute joke ! Have a look at the Bristol City fans forum and you may have wished you did not. This is a taster

Sky (did we even get a mention?)

Knockaert (****in whinger)

30,000 expectant fans (crap support by the way)

And best of all...All the blue few who couldnt wait for us to join them in the tramp league.

Wonderful. Almost makes up for the 8 game losing run. Almost.

This is what happens when you celebrate winning the league before the start of the game.

I'd love it if Newcastle won the league now. I'd bloody love it.

That's for the play off final.

While watching tonights game on Now TV, during a camera close up showing Lee Johnson, I could lip read a Brighton fan sitting behind him saying "This is ******* rubbish, ******* rubbish, this is ******* Bristol City we're playing"

Made me larf I tell you.

That is quite a lot of hatred towards the Albion, not a random comment.

I've followed owlstalk, downatthemac and Newcastle forums this season. Apart from one or two who slag off a couple of our players, I was gobsmacked by the amount of praise or lack of hatred towards us.

Many Bristol City fans don't like our club and it's fans, something I saw in Cardiff, when a mob of middle age men wanted to start on some naive Albion families who walked through their pub courtyard.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Save the manners and common courtesy for the rugby. And the cricket.

I'd rather we're known as a right naughty bunch of ***** and lady-*****, none of this poncy applauding away players. What next, reading out the away attendance on the PA, and then applauding the away attendance?!

Good grief, what is the game coming to? I despair...

Terminate sarcasm.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

A lot of the fans left the arena at final whistle after our lads left the pitch, some me included, went to the loo then outside for a very quick smoke then back to the arena for the players celebration, stayed until the last players left the pitch and then returned to the concourse or went home. on a side note, who performed the rendition over the tannoy of "on our way" sounded like a male choir but I'm sure the words were "Brighton on the way"?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here